14• Our new secrets

The words; excitement and anxiousness wouldn't describe how I presently felt. My gaze wandered around the room before my eyes stared at the ticking wristwatch — it was the tenth time since I sat on the cold, wooden chair. Every second felt like torture, and the previous day was spent daydreaming about the little trip. Taking a sip of the iced tea, I cleared my throat and sighed. The three empty chairs around the table were a reminder that my teammates were late. "Why are they late?" I mumbled softly.

It had been two nights since classes resumed, nevertheless, the week was stressful. The continuous planing and secret affairs made it more complicated — Noel has been open to me whilst Linyu nagged. Moreover, my father became curious and strict with my studies.

"What's taking them so long?" I stared around the crowded shopping mall. Immediately, the sound of raindrops on the roofs of the massive building echoed in the large, crowded space, which made me wonder whether they would make it. Slowly yet roughly, my fingers traced the moist, bottom lip before my eyebrows pressed.

The music that played in the café changed, and my eyes widened when Chantel's song played. A short-lived smile crossed my face as I hummed the lyrics. When it was almost to the chorus, I heard footsteps that became louder, the closer it got. My eyes immediately glanced up to the exited three girls, who were walking toward me.

"We have an unwelcome guest." Victoria smiled, then pointed at Katana, who sarcastically clicked her tongue. I stood up, and hugged her. Thereafter, she whispered softly about how she knew what happened between Noel and me. Despite that being shocking, my guts alerted me to play it cool to avoid the curiosity of others. Katana quickly loosened her embrace when I rolled my eyes.

"Hey there." Evangeline moved forward, then hugged me — it was sudden yet warm, I slowly smiled. Her eyes squinted before the reddish locs of hair slightly covered her baked cheeks, which made me unconsciously pull the light-brown, smartypants and loose, white shirt. "You look great."

"Not as good as you." I mumbled. Evangeline playfully waved her hands as she giggled. Unfortunately, the awkwardness was evident in the tone that I'd used. But to my luck, the others hadn't noticed.

"We have to hurry before the rain gets worse." Katana clapped her hands. From her excitement, I concluded that her mission was similar to mine — visiting a person. Luckily, there was a modeling audition for Avon's recruits. I assumed that she had decided to audition, then meet Ruki.

The journey to the Avon Entertainment Cooperation was filled with various decisions on the latest celebrity news and important figures. Evangeline had requested an audience with three managers of popular bands and two model scouters of Avon. Moreover, we had to interview the finance and marketing representative.

The large, colourful billboard that showcased various animated themes was the first thing that attracted me to the gigantic building. I watched when the car stopped at the outdoors parking area before we opened the umbrellas and raced toward the security check. Seconds later, we were in the queue, then scanned. At that moment, the girls and I walked through the hallway.

"Can we explore after the interviews?" Evangeline twirled the guest cards in her palm as she asked. I nodded and stared at the others that agreed. She suddenly smiled, then handed the cards per person as we searched for a free spot. I stood at the pink, fluffy seats — my fingers gently tracing it.

My eyes wandered around the lounge, where the guests sat, occupied with magazines and watching trailers on the large screens. At that moment, I was relieved that the dress code was in handy and fitted the occasion.

"Oh my, the auditions are on the next floor." Katana hurriedly jumped as she scrolled through the decorated phone — a bright smile clearly displayed on her face when she waved. "I'll take my leave, have a great time, beauties."