Always there for me

The day of my exam arrived. I was so nervous. I ate a little just so I don't pass out during the exam.

When I arrived there, I wasn't alone. There was a few more students. We were all sitting alone. They gave us the paper and it started.

***

I got home looking traumatized. I was so scared, as if my life depends on that test. Although it actually depends...

I wanted to stay home. I didn't feel like going out or telling anyone anything. Plus it was those days of the month😬

So I just locked myself in my room and lay on my bed. The results will be out in 2 days, which is fast. I expected it to be out in 5 days or even more.

***

That night mom said that her and dad will go to grandma's house and I had to stay home to babysit Mat.

"Mom why can't he just come along with you?" I asked complaining about her decision.

"Because he can't Vanja! He still goes to school. You have already finished it."

"Ughhh fine! When will you go?"

"Tomorrow morning. If you need anything, you can call me, but I left you everything you need."

"Okay... Thanks!"

***

The next morning, Mat went to school, our parents went to grandma's house and I was home alone. I was so bored and I didn't know what to do with myself.

Mateo arrived from school around 2pm. I made us something to eat and he went to his room to study. He has a practice tonight so I'll be alone...again.

I texted Maddie if she wanted to come to my house, but she said that Pedri has already asked her out. I didn't know that they are like a thing now...
She has to tell me everything soon!

Mateo left around 6pm. and he will come back at 8pm. What am I gonna do in that 2 hours?!

I was watching TV in the living room. When those days come, I get emotional as fuck... I know that it's normal, or maybe I'm just weird, but it's how it is. I don't know if it's because of a girl thing or because of all the things and stres that happened these days, but I started crying.

I was sitting on the couch in my sweatshirt, crying and watching some sad movie, when someone knocked on my door. I stood up and opened the door.

"Gavi?!"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah... Why are you here?" I said sniffing.

"You didn't respond to my message, you didn't pick up my calls. I got scared for a moment. So here I am!"

"I left my phone on silent mode. Come in!" I said and let him in.

"Now tell me, why are you crying?"  he said as we sat on the couch.

"Ahhh...I don't know, I guess it's just that I'm so stressed these days..."

"Oh Vanja, but why? There is no need to be stressed."

"It's easy for you to say. Your life doesn't depend on that exam."

"Your life doesn't depent either. Trust me, everything is gonna be fine!" he said and sat next to me, hugging me.

"Thank you..."

"For what?"

"Being here for me."