Garden

**✿❀garden(億ニお)❀✿**

__

After his discussion with Wooyoung, San hadn't expected that his entire world would be thrown off of its own orbit (not that it wasn't already falling to pieces).

They have had worse fights in the past, complete with screaming matches and flying insults.

But here was the thing about their friendship: they never stayed mad at each other for more than a few hours, always talking it all out before going to bed.

It was simple, uncomplicated.

Forgive and forget.

Whatever was going on between them didn't come even close to a real fight, yet the unsettling cold feeling resting on San's stomach left him uneasy.

So, that night he waited in his room for Wooyoung to show up.

He sat on the freezing floor in front of his window with thin pajamas and unblinking city lights being his only companions in his solitude.

San looked up at the sky and admired the blackness threatening to swallow the world, acknowledging that not even the stars existed to shine for a soul that was living on borrowed time.

A rueful grin pulled at his lips, a treacherous mask created in an attempt to convince himself that... that what?

There were still so many goals he wanted to achieve, dreams he wanted to live, promises he wanted to keep...people he wanted to love.

And it all came back to that, it all came back to love.

San wished he could tell Wooyoung how much it hurt; how difficult it was to wake up in the morning knowing that it could be the last day he got to appreciate Wooyoung's existence.

He yearned for him to understand that love and despair came in the same package and once the seed had been planted there was no going back.

His body would become the personification of spring, where havoc was reaped and every blooming flower dripped for him.

Sadly, he had accepted his fate, accepted that Wooyoung was all he ever wanted and would never have.

Wooyoung deserved to be free, to have the chance to spread his wings and fly without the fear of what his absence would cause.

San, with his broken and tattered feathers, was only chaining him down.

He had to let it go.

Or rather, never let Wooyoung know about Hanahaki.

When the clock struck midnight, San debated on being the one to search for Wooyoung but quickly discarded the option.

He didn't want to be a bother.

Maybe he was reading too much into the situation and tomorrow everything would be fine.

All that was left for him to do was to lay down on his bed and sleep, however, he made no move to do just that.

Instead, he stayed put on the wooden floor, allowing the weight of the garden in his heart and lungs to suffocate him.