Chapter 3

(_____) is a good name. Maybe at some point you'll just forget your old name. You walk out the door, and the lady is staring at her phone. She looks up at you.

"...You...did a great job."

You could feel the hesitation in her voice. She was smiling, but looked nervous.

"Thank you."

...

"You can stay in the family restroom, if you'd like. I can knock on the door before my shift is up."

She's acting surprisingly considerate towards someone she just met.

"Oh, well thank you. I'm very grateful."

You head to the bathroom and sit down. The floor is cold, but it's better than being cold, wet and windy. You flip up your hood, lean against the wall, and close your eyes.

Time skip to morning...

There's a knock on the door.

"...Yes?"

"Hey, you should leave. My coworker will be here in, like, ten minutes. ...And I can't let you do this again. If someone caught you, I could lose my job."

You stand up and open the door.

"Everything's fine! I'm happy you let me stay at all."

You walked out of the bathroom and headed to the door. You thanked her again and left.

Still raining.

You flipped your hood up and walked until you reached Mr. Sato's Bistro.

He stood behind the counter with his back turned, drying a dish.

"Hello, welcome to- ah! Yes, come."

He led you to his kitchen, and you put on an extra apron and got to work.

A day of work passes...

Not much business today, but then again people do come when Mr. Sato is working.He gives you your payment, and you glance at your phone. It's eight, closing time.

McRonald's is open.

You walked in, and came out with a #__.

...It's still raining.

You walk into an alleyway and sit. The rain drips down your cheeks. So cold...There's a manhole about three feet away from you.

Shelter is shelter, right?