collaboration

Paintbrush was absolutely crushed by lightbulbs death. And so was test tube. They had both been extremely close to her before she had passed, and now.. something just felt missing. They'd never see her again.. oh and what about her pet crab, Baxter? Paintbrush would have to be the one to care for it. Along with having to take care of their deceased friend's crab, they would have to mourn and move on, test tube would have to also. that's why paintbrush was in the room while test tube finished the autopsy on lightbulbs body.

"She was poisoned with the chemical that went missing... I knew it.. but who would want to kill her?" Test tube looked at paintbrush, concern etched on her expression

"...The same person who killed the others right?" Paintbrush said, trying to find a pattern in the victims

"Well.. probably.. salt didn't have the same patterns as the other one.. salt did it in the open, and the killer for mic cabby and.. lightbulb. The killer lured them away from the hotel on purpose.. they were clean with it, they pulled it off well.."

____
Fan sat on his bed, all he wanted to do was talk to test tube, but he knew she was probably busy in the morgue. It seemed she was always busy there nowadays.

"Maybe if there weren't bodies to deal with, maybe then she wouldn't be busy" cabby crossed her arms

"Maybe if she didn't pay so much attention to you guys then she wouldn't have to deal with the bodies!" Fan snapped at cabby

Something jolted behind cabby

Fan looked at it curiously, before what it was finally registered in his mind
"Lightbulb?"

Lightbulb peaked from behind cabby
"I-"

A loud, annoying ring came from fans phone, causing him to flinch immediately. It was an unknown number, he picked up.

Sounds of crying came through the phone
"S-sweetie? Please.. it's been.. I just... I want my daughter back."
It was the voice of the woman he'd visited.. the one he got the guinea pigs from. His mom.
"Mom. I'm not a girl."

"Please.. just. Come home. I need you home.."

"Why? You don't need me. I'm the one you hate. The one who you'd insist was a whore, just because of the way my body was made!"

"No.. no, you're not a whore.. none of it was your fault.. but please. I need you home.. please."

There was a long pause before fan spoke up.

"What happened?"

A sob was heard through the phone

"I- your father he- he's in jail.. I'm- I'm all alone.. it's so silent. Please.. i- I just need someone.."

Fan didn't understand why she was crying. In fact, he felt uncomfortable because of it
"I'm sorry. I'm not going to be able to make it over there for a while... I promise I'll come soon, bye"

"Thank you.. thank you.. I love you."

Fan hesitated
"I... I love you too mom."
He hung up

Fan sat in silence for a moment
"I'm bored.."
He quickly got up and walked out into the hall
_____

"So your saying.. I'm the one thing these people have in common?" Test tube looked at paintbrush, concerned

"Well.. it's not a coincidence, it can't be. Cabby, right after you set her free, then mic, after you forgave her, and now it's lightbulb, who you started a baking club"

"What... Everyone I've gotten close to..."

"You're the commonality. Whoever is the killer, they're killing everyone you get close to.."