Second-hand items

"Jihyo... calm yourself," Daniel spoke at a volume that only Jihyo could hear. However, his words didn't yield the effect that he was hoping to see. Instead, his words only fueled Jihyo's anger. 'Why isn't Daniel cooperating? He used to pamper me and give me whatever I wanted. Is it because...'

Her lips seemed to tremble as she thought about the time that Daniel did not answer her calls again. Was it really because of Rosella?

At the same time, Tang Ling was beginning to realize that her daughter's thoughts might be running wild and whatever they are, they must be crazy.

Tang Ling knew that Roseanne was already married to Park Jimin but Jihyo didn't. Tang Ling felt that there was no reason for Roseanne to seduce Kang Daniel and risk jeopardizing her marriage to someone as powerful as Park Jimin. After what happened at their last meeting, she would never dare to underestimate Rosella again. She knew that Roseanne had ambitions and now she saw for herself how scheming Roseanne's mind was.

With Roseanne's current status, it would be very easy for her to plot against Li Industries, Jihyo and even Kang Daniel. Of course, this does not mean that she would just allow Roseanne's existence to continue threatening their everyday lives.

Armed with Roseanne's scandalous photos from the past, Tang Ling was already planning to visit Park Jimin next week to have a private conversation with him about Roseanne's past. She thought that this would be able to convince the man to leave Roseanne.

Moreover, with the Tang family's connections in the underworld, she could get some people from the underworld to deal with Roseanne if she wanted to. But before that, Tang Ling was planning to get the help of her nephew, Tang Deuki, to be part of her future plans against Roseanne. First, they would try to get Roseanne to give back the properties in mainland Seoul that she inherited from the late Old Master Li.

As Tang Ling thought about Li Industries, she let out a sigh of relief. Li Jung Wang had told her that the company would be seeing better days soon. That was because Li industries managed to secure a very big loan from an established and reputable company in Europe which had plans to branch out in the Far East. More importantly, the shareholders in the company didn't have a problem with the source of the loan and had approved it.

Tang Ling thought about how their family would see better days as well once the company stabilizes and passes this current financial crisis. Then, they need not be afraid of Park Jimin when that day comes.

Tang Ling concluded that tonight was not the time to have a confrontation with Roseanne. Moreover, their purpose for being here was to gather investors for Jihyo's fashion brand and build connections with other designers.

Too bad her own daughter did not know any better.

Jihyo tightened her grip on Daniel's arms. She told herself that she needed to stay calm and not act carelessly even though she was really mad and green with jealousy. Above all, she had to maintain her image. So she gave Roseanne a smile before pouting at Daniel.

"But I really like it..." She let out a playful sigh and continue to pout, looking at Daniel with pleading eyes. "Dan..."

In Jihyo's mind, she strongly believed that Roseanne couldn't have been invited here based on her own merit and abilities. This only meant that Roseanne must have found a rich sponsor who agreed to bring her along to this party. Either way, she would not let go of this chance to embarrass her.

"Please?" she smiled.

"Well... Maybe we could buy something similar from the store itself," Daniel said helplessly before looking at Lily. "Miss Lilian, may I know where you got that jewelry? I am planning to buy something similar for my wife."

Jihyo immediately beamed when she heard Daniel's words. 'As expected, he still pampers her the most in the end.'

"This piece is not in the market," Roseanne answered.

"Then how about we buy that instead?" Jihyo pointed at the bracelet. "Surely, that is not a big deal right?" she asked Roseanne innocently. Jihyo's eyes somehow reminded Roseanne of a puppy, something that she hated the most.

"No," Roseanne answered while smiling. "You can't afford it anyway. Why bother?"

"Rosella this..." Tang Ling cut in. Even though she told herself not to create any trouble tonight, she was still Jihyo's mother and every mother wouldn't be able to stand hearing their children being insulted like that.

"Can't you just give way to your sister? She is pregnant and pregnancy makes her emotional sometimes." Tang Ling always used this excuse to justify Jihyo's spoilt behavior. After all, pregnancy could affect a woman's mood and make them irrational sometimes. Perhaps only those who were pregnant before might be able to understand and relate. She believed that people would give Jihyo the benefit of the doubt because before Jihyo's pregnancy, her public image has always been good and positive. Jihyo was the kind and gentle goddess.

"Mrs. Li... you must be joking," the woman who was talking to Roseanne said. "How could Miss Lilian part with a bracelet that was personally gifted by the owner of LV? Are you perhaps joking?"

"I..." Tang Ling was speechless and a little alarmed by what she heard. 'Why would someone influential like that give Roseanne a precious gift? Was it because of Park Jimin? Does his influence go beyond the Far East?'

"It's okay," Roseanne said before she accepted a glass of champagne from Lia who was just waiting next to her. This gesture immediately sounded the bells in Tang Ling's head. On top of having expensive jewelry, Roseanne also had someone by her side to serve her. 'Why does President Park continue to pamper his wife so much? Didn't he receive the images that she sent?'

"What can I say? Mrs. Kang loves to take things that are already used by me." Roseanne shrugged as she looked at the woman beside her. "Second-hand items," Roseanne added, the smile on her face never faded.

She then took a sip of champagne and looked at Jihyo, mirth apparent in her eyes. "Mrs. Kang this champagne is great; do you want to have this too?"