(S:3 Ep: 9) Curry Quest

[The episode begins with Darrow, Dolly, and Pearl in the living room. Darrow and Dolly are sitting next to each other, Dolly holding some needles and green yarn. She's learning to crochet. Pearl is laying on Darrow's lap as Darrow plays with her hair, putting small braids in it and tying the ends with extra strings of thread. Pearl is wearing a hoodie with jeans, Dolly in a t-shirt with a guitar on it and sweatpants, and Darrow in an oversized T-shirt and fuzzy PJ pants.]

Darrow: You're doing well! (*he grabs a blue ball of yarn and takes Dolly's needle*) Now, let's change color.

Dolly: Changing color is tricky. I wish there was a rainbow colored yarn.

Darrow: Oh, tell me about it. I'm on a quest to find rainbow yarn! (*he changes the yarn for Dolly and hands the needle back to her*)

Dolly: What's a quest?

Darrow: A quest is like a journey a hero goes on.

Dolly: Oh. How does a quest start? (*she continues to crochet*)

Darrow: Well, usually the hero starts at home. They're nice and comfortable... (*he pets Pearl's head*) But then, adventure calls!

Lips: (*he walks in with a paper bag. Inside is a container of curry and a Peshwari Naan sitting on top. He has on a hoodie and baggy pants*) Alright! Who's coming with me to Dylan's house?

Dolly: No thanks, dad. Pop's teaching me how to crochet! (*she shows her work so far*)

Lips: Well, it's just you and me, Pearl. Come on, let's go! (*he grabs Pearl's leg*)

Pearl: (*she yells and pulls her leg out of Lips' hand*) I am not- (Inhale) Interesting in that!

Dolly: Why are you going to Dylan's house?

Lips: (*he holds up the container*) Curry swap.

Dolly: What's "curry swap"?

Lips: It's where you swap curry. I made a Rogan josh and Dr. Teeth made a beef rendang. I swap some of mine for some of his, then we have two curries.

Dolly: Huh.

Lips: And I need Pearl to carry the Peshwari naan! (*he grabs Pearl's leg again, causing her to scream*)

Dolly: (*she gasps*) It's a quest!

Darrow: Yeah, a curry quest!

[We then cut to the front door, where Pearl is clinging onto the door frame with all her strength. Lips is trying to carefully pull her off by her legs, and failing as Pearl yells.]

Lips: Come on, Pearl!

Darrow: [Narrating] Usually the hero finds a reason not to go on the quest.

Pearl: (*she's still holding onto the door frame*) (Inhale) I want to stay with my Pop!

Darrow: But, something always changes their mind.

Lips: (*he sets Pearl's legs on the ground and steps back, holding his hands up*) Okay, fine. Stay. But do you know what Dylan's dad has? Face paints!

Pearl: (*she looks up, then runs off the front porch, screaming*) FACE PAINTS!

Lips: Pearl! Peshwari Naan! (*he holds out the bag of the Peshwari Naan*)

[Pearl runs back to grab the bag, giggling. We then cut to Lips and Pearl walking along the sidewalk, Pearl a bit farther ahead from her dad. She's carrying the Peshwari Naan on her head and skipping.]

Darrow: And so, the quest begins!

Dolly: And what happens on the quest?

Darrow: Well, the hero's out in the wide world now. All sorts of challenges pop up.