Suspicious- Park Jimin

This had to be illegal. It was completely dark, and he had just climbed over two chain link fences. That's two more than he'd ever climbed over in his life. Surely people only did that on television. But here he was with a flashlight in his hand, following his girlfriend through this compand. I have no idea where she was going. She sneaked away when she thought that I was sleeping.

I hadn't noticed any suspicious activity until tonight when she left our house in the middle of the night. I immediately got up, grabbed a flashlight, and followed her through the dark.

When she came to the first chain link fence, I hung back in the tree line. I would never have thought that she would attempt to climb this thing and when she starts climbing I have to stop myself from calling her name. She must be crazy to do this. There is a fence around this place for a reason and she is climbing it without second thought.

She hops down to the other side and I wait a few seconds before I come away from the trees and start climbing the fence. Now I must be crazy following after her like this, but I can't let her do whatever this is alone.

She comes to the second fence and I hang back again. I watch her climb up with ease and lands on the other side. I do the same a few seconds later. As we near the building she becomes more cautious. She pulls something from her pocket and holds it up to a box next to the door. The lock clicks and she opens the door and slips in. I quickly run to the door and just catch it before it closes.

I follow her down a couple hallways before she stops before a very big window. She squats down and looks over the bottom of the window to see what was going on inside. I come a little closer and look into the room she was looking into. There are several hospital beds with people laying on them. What seemed to be doctors were walking around the beds, injecting the patients with needles. A couple of the patients were thrashing around.

"What is this place?" I ask out loud. My girlfriend, Tabby, jumps and holds her hand over her chest.

"Jesus Jimin. What are you doing here?" She asks me. I squat down beside her.

"I couldn't let do go wondering around at night all by yourself." I tell her.

"Sorry, but I had to come here and see it for myself."

"What is this place?" I repeat my question.

"It is a lab. They are injecting these people with a virus." Tabby tells me.

"What virus? Are they allowed to do that?" I ask her.

"It is a virus that can turn us into zombies. They have been experimenting with it to see how humans will react to it" she explains, "and no, but its a goverment secret program and no one is going to stop them."

I can't believe what I am hearing coming out of her mouth. How does she know all of this?

"When did you find this out?"

"Recently there have been rumors at work about the government working with a zombie virus. Everyone at work thought it was just a rumor, but I had a feeling that it was true. So I secretly snatched one of the doctors pass cards and decided I was going to investigate for myself." She tells me. I just look at her in awe. I can't believe she did all of this on her own.

"So it's real. They really are injecting people with a zombie virus."

Tabby looks away from me to look back down into the room and nods. "Yup." She replies. I sigh.

"We're so screwed." I mutter.