A God's Return

The sinister advisor of Darkseid, projected a holograph to Fury, the Daughter of Steppenwolf, at the stronghold. His expression was filled with contempt as he inquired about the progress of their conquest.

"No. But I bring news that may attract our master's attention. It is of grave importance," Fury stated.

Desaad's curiosity piqued, he urged her to reveal the news. "What is it?"

"He has found it," Fury said ominously, leaving Desaad puzzled by her cryptic words. "The Anti-Life Equation is here. Carved on the surface of the world that fought back. It is Earth."

Desaad's shock was evident. Darkseid had searched for the Anti-Life Equation for eons without success. If what Fury claimed was true, it could be the key to allowing Steppenwolf's return. "Are you certain? Did you believe your father's words when he told you of this discovery?"

Fury affirmed her belief in her father's words. "My father is a lot of things, a schemer, conniver, general, but a liar is not one of them."

Convinced that she spoke the truth, Desaad invoked a dark prayer in Latin to summon his master. "Domine que infernum conflegrit, aventi indulgem."

Soon, the Lord of Apokolips, Darkseid, appeared, his presence replacing that of his advisor. Fury stepped back in awe, bowing her head in submission before her lord and master.

"My lord," she acknowledged humbly.

Darkseid, the embodiment of evil, emanated a deep, guttural growl, his presence filling the old power plant. "Fury."

"I am simply a humble servant, my lord," Fury replied, still on one knee.

Darkseid sought confirmation of her father's discovery. "Can it be true that your father has found it?"

Fury nodded emphatically. "Yes, Great One. The Anti-Life is here on Earth."

"If it is redemption you seek for your father's treachery, find the third box, synchronize the Unity, and when this world is scorched, I will come to retrieve my great prize," Darkseid declared with unwavering determination.

Fury's eyes shone with excitement at the prospect of Darkseid's arrival on Earth. "You will come to Earth?!"

Darkseid nodded, his ambitions clear. "I have turned one hundred thousand worlds to dust looking for Anti-Life. Looking for those who robbed me of my glory. I will stride across their bones and bask in the glow of Anti-Life. And all of existence shall be mine."

Fury bowed her head once more, fully committed to carrying out her master's will. "It shall be so, my master."

XXXX

In the Batcave, the atmosphere was heavy with disappointment and frustration. The heroes, battered and bruised from their battle against Steppenwolf and Fury, were nursing their wounds and mulling over their failure. Arthur, especially, was seething with anger since he had been knocked out during the fight.

Barry was down, and the entire team was feeling the weight of their defeat. Bruce and Diana knew that they needed to raise everyone's spirits and refocus their efforts.

Bruce stepped forward, addressing the team's mood. "I know we got our asses kicked out there, but we can't let that get to us. We rescued the remaining hostages so right now we need to find Steppenwolf and Fury and stop them from completing the Unity."

Arthur, still brimming with frustration, confronted Bruce. "And how do we do that? We don't even know where they're holed up."

Bruce, ever the strategist, didn't miss a beat. "The Mother Boxes are technology. Like all technology, there's bound to be an energy spike or surge when they're activated. Victor, can you tap into your power to locate that surge?"