Chapter three: Lies!

Shadow POV

dak and Leyla said I should have a rider. Oh boy. And now a line of kids are waiting to be a rescue rider. Kira is one of them. I am silently praying that Kira gets to be my rider.

"Okay. The first contestant is...Finngard," Dak says. He looks a bit nervous. Who is Finngard?!

"You have to bond with Shadow. Let him come to you," Leyla says to Finngard. Finngard is a 15 year-old boy (Fun fact, they are all adults in this) and he looked at me. Oh no. I already know it won't go well.

"C'mon, dragon!" Dragon? I have a name. He gets on me and pinches a certain scale. I roar in pain and I throw him off. Sorry, Finngard. Not lucky today.

"Ooooh... your not Lucky today..." Dak says. "Kayla Thorn," the girl looked at me. She ran at me and hopped onto my back. Oh no.

"Up, dragon!" She orders. I do as she says but I fly around recklessly. I hate her already. She falls off me but Burple catches her. I snort at her and she walks off.

"Kira Heart," Duggard calls out. She walks at me. She's smiling warmly and is walking gracefully. She gets on my back. We hear a voice.

"Oh no," Kira says. "KIRA EVEREST HEART" a man says angrily.

"Mr. And Mrs. Heart? Is something wrong?" Duggard asks. "YES. YOU CANNOT ALLOW OUR DAUGHTER TO BECOME A RESCUE RIDER! She does not deserve it!" The woman yells.

"Kira is our FRIEND!!!" Dak shouts. Kira smiles. "She is our friend and understands dragons!" Leyla screams. "For that, she is an outcast!!" The man yells.

I hear Kira whimper in fear. Someone pulls her off. "No! Kira!" I yell. "STAY AWAY DUMB DRAGON!" Winger, the swiftwing, power blasted near the woman. I'm not dumb am I?

Winger seemed to read my mind. No. No you are not. You are my friend. That's what he thought. And... friend? That makes my heart shatter for some reason. I want to be something more,  more than friends and brothers. But he will never... he's too good for me...

"Come with us!" The woman orders. They drag Kira away. "NO!NO I WILL NOT!" Kira wiggles out of their grasp and goes beside Dak and Leyla and hides behind Dak. He blushes.

I plasma blast the man. But he dodges and I growl at him. I roar at him and I leave him alone. I also roar at the woman but I leave her alone. "Lisa & Calico, you are both banished from the island of Huttsgalor for child abuse!" Duggard says. Yes.

"ENJOY YOUR REIGN 'CHIEF'!!!" Lisa shouts and they run.