Chapter 14: Battle Between Brothers

Shadow was flying out on his own. Out of nowhere, he heard a roar.

"Hmmm, what's that?" He asked himself as he heard the roar, he flew towards it and he saw Nightstar.

"N-Nightstar?!"

"Hello, Shadow, welcome to your demise." Nightstar said sinisterly. And so began a fight between two brothers.

"You should have never betrayed us dragons Shadow! You are a disgrace!" Nightstar yelled as he scratched Shadow's eye.

"Gah! What are you talking about? I never betrayed the dragons!" Shadow replied back as the scar stung. Only for 2 seconds as Shadow went on.

"Joining the humans has been the best thing that's ever happened to me, i met the Rescue Riders, fell in love, and had a family!" Shadow said. His speech was cut short when Nightstar knocked him out.

"Shadow!"

He heard a whistle coming and he was hit with a power blast. He looked up and saw Winger growling at him. "Leave, now," Winger said sternly.

"Fine, I will." Nightstar said, "But this is not over! I will kill Shadow!" He roared and left.

"I better get Shadow back to the village." Winger said and brought Shadow back. They took care of him as Winger, Eclipse, Dawn, and Dusk spent time with him.

Back in Nightstar's lair, he thought about what Shadow said. Would his life be better if he joined the humans? It might, considering what happened to Shadow.

He sighed as he remembered how close he and Shadow were as kids.

Flashback

"Hey, Nighty!" Baby Shadow said. "Can we play?"

"Not now, Shadow," Nightstar said.

"C'mon pleaaaasseeee..."

"Go play with Moonshine, Comet, or Twilight."

"But they're so boring! I want to play with you!" Baby Shadow said. Nightstar smiled at Shadow.

"Alright, fine, you hide, I'll seek." Nightstar said. "Yaaaayyy!" Baby Shadow yelled as he flew off.

Nightstar counted to 10 (I'm guessing that's how high dragons can count) and then searched for Shadow.

"Hehehehehe!"

Nightstar snuck up on Baby Shadow and yelled, "Gotcha!" as Baby Shadow giggled.

"I love you forever Nighty!" Nightstar smiled wholeheartedly.

"I love you forever too Shadow."

End of Flashback

Shadow used to call Nightstar 'Nighty' because he couldn't pronounce Nightstar at the time. Nightstar closed his eyes and sighed in deep regret. Nightstar formed a glare in his eyes as he walked towards Comet and Twilight, who glared at him too.

"I'm sorry, sisters." Nightstar said as he let Comet and Twilight go. "It's ... it's okay....brother."

Nightstar was shocked they still considered him their brother even after everything he'd done to them. Moonshine joined them and the siblings were together... mostly.

———

"Ugh... what happened..." Shadow said when he woke up.

"Nightstar attacked you, Shadow. Gave you a permanent scar but otherwise your all good. How do you feel?" Winger said.

"I FEEL like I had Burple dropped on me." Shadow replied.

"Am I healed now?" Shadow asked Winger, "Yup, your all good, like I said, the scar will be permanent but your okay." Winger told Shadow.

Shadow smiled and stood up.

"Shads. Someone wants you. 4 someones." Cutter yelled. "Okay, Cut! I'll be up there in a minute!" Shadow yelled back.

"Daddy! Your okay!" Eclipse yelled. "Hey, there, squirts." Shadow teased as the family happily reunited.

"I got to go see who wants me, stay with Winger, okay?" Shadow instructed the nightlights. "Okay!" The nightlights all said in unison.

Shadow flew up where Cutter was and was shocked to see his siblings.

"Comet? Twilight? Moonshine?" Shadow asked, then Nightstar caught this eye. Kira formed a glare at Nightstar as she didn't trust him after he hurt Shadow.

"Look, brother... I'm—"

Shadow interrupted him by hugging him. Nightstar was shocked.

"I know, and I forgive you. If it was the other way around, I would be mad too." Shadow said. "I forgive you... brother." Shadow continued as he closed his eyes. Nightstar's shocked look softened.

The siblings group hugged. "Oh, and guys? I want to introduce you to someone." Shadow said, "Lead the way, Shadow." Moonshine replied.

Shadow got back to Winger and the nightlights. His siblings were shocked he has a family now.

"Winger, these are my siblings. Moonshine, Comet, Twilight, and... you already met Nightstar." Shadow said.

"Hello, Shadow's siblings. Nice to meet you." Winger said.

"You too, Winger," Comet said. "These are our kids." Winger said.

"Hi!"(Eclipse)

"Hello."(Dusk)

"Hi!"(Dawn)

"Hi," Shadow's siblings said in unison. They couldn't be more proud of their youngest brother.he now has a family.

"Gonna introduce me here, Shads?" Kira asked.

"Kira, these are my siblings. Moonshine, Nightstar, Twilight, and Comet." Shadow said.

"Hello, nice to meet you. I'm Shadow's rider, Kira." Kira greeted.

"Nice to meet you, Kira." Comet said.

Okay, end of Chapter 14. So Shadow's siblings reunite with him. In case your wondering what Kira's real name was, you may be very surprised...

Kira Adventurous Haddock

She's a descendant of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. His great granddaughter (her mother nor father did not get any traits from him, as you may have figured in the third chapter. Her mother is the daughter of Lola who is the daughter of Zephyr, Hiccup and Astrid's daughter) 

So, yeah, the end of chapter 14. Bye.