Volume 2

Celeste POV:

"Hi?" I say at the stranger at my
dorm confused and uncomfortable. "Do you not remember me" she says. "I'm sorry I don't, who are you?" I ask the stranger who says "it's me, Clara." I stand in shock at the beautiful women I'm front of me, realizing I was being rude I quickly snap out of it. "Oh I'm so sorry for being rude, come in" Isay as I move to the side welcoming her into my apartment. Thanking god the apartment was clean. It's a simple modern apartment decorated with silver black and white and a one bedroom. The living room has a black rap around couch with a coffee table in the middle of the room. "Im so sorry to come unannounced but your mom said it was fine, if I would've known you didn't know I was coming I wouldn't have come" Clara says. Shaking my head at her response I quickly said "no it's fine there's no problem" I point to the couch with my hand and she sits. "Would you like something to drink or a little snack" I ask thanking my mom for grocery shopping for me. She shakes her head negative "no thanks". I stare at her while she fidgets with her fingers she's so beautiful. I stare at her pale skin and her dark green eyes, she's taller than me, at least 6'0, her cheek bones are high and her jaw is sharp. Her straight jet black hair covering half her face as she looks down, I smile as I sit next to her leaving a reasonable amount of space. "How have you been" I ask, she looks at me and smile "I've been good, you?" She ask returning the question " I've been good" I smile as I tell a bold face lie. She looks at me before reverting her eyes and resting her back against the couch. "I was wondering if you would like to hang out again before the dinner with our family" she says looking back at me "to get to know each other again, you know?" I put on a small smile and smiled think about her invitation. Although I would not want to turn her down I don't know if I would actually be able to leave my house for these plans. Wondering what she has in mind I ask "what would you suggest we do?" I question with a slightly raised eyebrow. She stares into the distance for a while then turns hers head to me with wondering eyes as if she was still thinking. "Maybe something simple like ice cream or a cafe" she says. I would love ice cream but as I said, would i actually be up to it when it comes to the time? Deciding I should go because I don't want to seem like a bad person and being rude I agree " yea that would be fun" i slightly smile " there's one down the street from here maybe we can go?" I question she smiles and agrees " well thanks for letting me come and I will see you tomorrow" she says as she get up. Looking at her as I stay seating i suddenly realize I'm being rude again "let me walk you to the door" I say with a apologizing smile hoping she gets what I'm saying. She walks ahead of me and before she could leave she turns around " let me get your number so I can text the time" she says. Pulling out my phone I give her my number and I get hers. After that exchange she leaves, leaving me with my thoughts. I sigh as I realize how much effort that took and I'm actually expected to do it longer tomorrow, walking to my room and sitting on my bed with a slouch trying to comprehend what just happened. Why did my mom invite her without asking me, I question. Deciding not to care I lay under my cover and start to scroll on my phone when I get a call from my mother. Answering and putting it on speaker so I can rest my arms I quickly speak "yeah mom?" I hear moving on the other end then I hear her voice "hello baby how are you?" She questions " I'm doing better seeing as I got a visit from someone" I say with a hinting voice. I hear her sigh " I know baby, I should've told you but I just wanted it to be a surprise" she says with a sad voice making me unable to feel mad at her "I know mom I would just like a heads up next time"I say, "that's fine, just wanted to make sure you were doing alright, I'll call you tomorrow" she says about to hang up but before she could I quickly tell her the news in a rushed tone "we're getting ice cream tomorrow bye" I say and hang up quickly. Knowing my mother she would make such a big of this and I just can't deal with that but I didn't want to not tell her the news, don't blame me. Finally letting my body rest I slowly fall into a restless sleep.