Volume 5

Celeste POV

As of now right now I am in my bed waiting for the right time to get ready. Today is going to be a good day. I hope.

I'm trying to up lift my spirits so I can actually go to the family reunion, I would call it, and actually be present. It's currently 11 AM and I'm still tired. If this were any other day I would've definitely been asleep.

After laying in the bed for an extra hour and doing absolutely nothing I decided to get ready for today. Mom has texted me saying to be there by 4 so I decided to get dressed a bit early so I don't have to rush myself.

After my shower, I decided on wearing a hoodie and jeans.
Nothing too much but it'll make me seem not so sad in a way. Keeping my hair in an Afro and just touching it up, I see the time is 2 so I use the rest of my time and just watch criminal minds. If you can't tell it's my favorite show.

After watching my show I saw the time approaching 3:30 so I decided to leave out. Leaving out of my apartment and locking my door, I made a mental note to get coffee.

After getting my coffee, just a simple coffee with hazelnut creamer, I headed to my mother's house.

Pulling up into the house I shut off my car, got out and walked to the door. Letting out a deep sigh before going in, I twisted the knob and immediately went to the kitchen. It seems no matter what day or time my mom is always in the kitchen.

Walking in I hear my mom talking to someone, assuming she's on the phone because I didn't see another car out front, I go in quietly. I see her walking by the fridge smiling in the phone. She looks at me a puts her finger up letting me know she needs a minute. I sit down and just wait for her to finish not feeling the need to say anything.

After she gets off the phone she immediately went to hug me "how are you sweetie" she ask while holding me.

"I'm doing ok" I say "just tired". She  releases me but still holds my shoulder. "Oh honey I'm sure you will be fine after all you get to see Clara" she says with a knowing smile.

"Mom please it's not like that" I say trying to convince two people. I guess I just realized if this were anyone else I wouldn't feel the need to make myself seem so put together and happy but, I guess she's different. The thing is I would never want to fall for someone and hurt myself again.

Hearing a knock on the door, my mom went to get it. Still sitting in the kitchen preparing myself to look ok, I wait for them to come in. From what I hear it's Clara's mother.

Getting up to go greet her as she walks through the door I put on a welcoming smile. Clara's mother comes up to me and gives me a hug. Not expecting her to give me a hug, it takes me a minute to process and actually hug her back. "Hi honey how are you" she asked "I'm good, and you" I asked back. She lets me go "I'm doing great" she says looking over me "you've gotten so big since the last time I saw your pretty face" she says with a big smile "thank you" I say to her compliment while looking down. "Well hun Clara will be here in just a moment" that sparks my interest as I look up quickly. "Ok that's good" I say with a smile.

Clara's POV

My morning was simple, I ate breakfast, got in the shower and put on clothes. Today I had on a simple grey hoodie and joggers with my white and grey New Balance 550's. Getting ready to go, I quickly got in my car and put the directions in.

Pulling up to the house, I got out and knocked on the door. Celeste mom opens the door and greets me. " oh honey it's been so long" she says hold my hands and smiling. "Yeah I know I've missed you Ms Coleman". Seeing her give me a look "call me Ivy dear" she said as she leads me into the house. She leads me into the kitchen where I see everyone. Eying Celeste while I quickly say hi to my mom, I see her get up and smile at me.

"Hi" Is all she says. Not taking any offense to it because that's no just how she is "hi how are you" I say "I'm good, thanks for asking" she says putting her head down. Nodding my head, I hear my mother speak " I brought some food, I hope you like chicken Parmesan" she said. We all sat down at the table in the center of dining room. Ivy and my mom sitting on the right while me and Celeste sitting on the left. My mom brings out the food and we all put food on our plates.

The dinner was very fun. As everyone is packing up to go home I quickly try to talk to Celeste. Today we barely spoke a word to each other. I'm confused to if it's something I did.

Going up to her I smile and try to approach her nicely. "Is it ok if I talk to you right quick?" I ask quickly. She nods her head and walks into the living room. "Did I do anything wrong" I ask as soon as  we're out of the kitchen. "No, of course not" she looks up at me confused, my few inches of height getting the best of her. "You've haven't really talked to me today, I thought I did something" I say scratching my neck while looking nervous. She smiles lightly while chuckling "I'm just feeling a little sick" she says but I can tell it's not the truth, her smile's not reaching her eyes. Her lies sound like a second nature. "Why aren't you talking to me" I say in a soft voice looking at her with soft eyes while tilting my head. She looks at me with those beautiful eyes and shakes her head "I just need time" she told me. Nodding my head I put my hands in my pocket to stop me from fidgeting. "That's fine" I nod.

Turning around and walking away I hear her "wait" she says in a rushed tone. I turn around and look at her with my eyes brows raised. "Yeah" I answer. "Would you like to meet up again" she says in a nervous tone. "You know, after this" she says clarifying after I didn't say anything. " yeah that would be nice" I smile "just text me the details" I say with a growing smile. She smiles and nods her head

Turning around I smile and walk towards my things In the coat closet. "Alright by guys" I nod towards my moms and Ivy "I'm heading out, thank you Ivy again for inviting me over" I smile.

ꔛ ꔛ ꔛ ꔛ ꔛ ꔛ ꔛ ꔛ ꔛ ꔛ ꔛ

NOT EDITED
Sorry for not updating, school has been so stressful. I was feeling a little uninspired so feel free to give me some ideas. All love - k