Chapter 10 - Back To December

Your guard is up and I know why

Because the last time you saw me

Is still burned at the back of your mind

You gave me roses and I left them there to die

So this is me swallowing my pride

Standing in front of you saying I'm sorry for that night

-Back to December, Taylor Swift

"You okay?" Nina asked Alex.

"Of course I am." He replied. "There's no reason for me to be unhappy."

It has been a month since they made their status clear. She was his girlfriend and he was her boyfriend. It was nice having him as a boyfriend. Nina didn't realize that she would actually enjoy having a boyfriend. It was always nice talking to him.

Alex also has changed. Ian was right. Alex was a playboy. He dated lots of girls before. But he did that because he was hoping to get her attention. But he was wrong. Ian was always Nina's sun while he was just an asteroid. But now, everything has changed. Not only did Nina begin to notice her. He is also now her boyfriend.

 "What are you thinking about?" She asked him.

"Us."

"Us?"

"Yes, us."

"Why?" She asked again as she stroked his hair.

"You love astronomy, don't you?"

"Yes?" He can almost hear her saying 'Where is he going?'.

"The Sun is at the center of the Solar System. Burning brightly. Unmoving. While the Earth is rotating on its own axis while revolving around the Sun. The Moon, on the other hand, continues to revolve around the Earth. Wherever the Earth may be, the Moon is there. It does not even rotate which is the reason why a part of it is very hot while the other half of it is very cold. It gives light to Earth whenever the Sun is not there to do its job."

"What are you trying to say Alex?" She asked, clearly confused.

"Nina, you're the Earth. And I am the Moon."

She was deeply touched by this metaphor that she almost cried. Alex was right. He had always been there too. He tried to be noticed but she was always busy with Ian. Right. Ian! "But who's the Sun?"

Instead of answering, he kissed her forehead. "I love you Nina. You know that don't you?"

"Of course I do. And I love you too. I'm one lucky lady." She smiled.

It was true. She loved him. How could she not? There's nothing unlovable about Alex. But still...

"Get a room guys." Julianne rolled her eyes.

Julianne was drinking a glass of milk while patting her tummy. She was pregnant. Kate was bloody mad about it but they couldn't do anything. Besides, the guy promised to marry her. Their wedding's going to be three months after she gave birth to their son.

"How's my grandson?" Kate asked with her eyes gleaming with joy.

"He's fine Mom. He wants to say hi to Grannie."

"Oh gosh! Who would've thought that I'd be called Grannie at an early age?"

They all laughed.