Chapter Five

•·················•·················••·················•·················•

My stomach flips, making me feel a bit nauseous. I pace the hallway, phone in hand and reread the message I hastily sent Becky. I told her the basics, I went to the bathroom and returned to Brad with his arm around some girl, so I'm leaving. Did I mention the hot biker? Nope, because I know she would try to talk me out of it.

This is a horrible idea. The little voice in my head says as I stop my pacing and look out into the bar area. It is a horrible idea, a very very stupid idea. I didn't know this man.

A hand lightly grabs my shoulder and I jump out of my skin at the sudden contact. That deep voice hits my ear, and goosebumps build on my arms. "Let's get out of here."

His hand travels down my arm, to grab my hand in his. Like a lamb to slaughter I follow right beside him as he leads me into the main bar, heading straight to the front door. My pulse picks up, my breathing gets a bit erratic and I really question myself. With him in front of me, in the light of the bar, I can see his hair has a touch of gray on the sides. His leather jacket has scuff marks, and wear around the arm holes from what was probably years of wearing it almost every day. And yes, there was a big patch on the back of it, one I could only half make out from where I was standing. Wings I think, with some text around it.

I was really leaving with a biker. I heard so many horror stories about bikers, but then I heard good stories about them too. The question is, is he the drug or weapon dealing kind of biker or the sticking up for kids from abusive family members type of biker?

What was I getting myself into?

As we pass the threshold, I slow down. When I fully stop and he steps a few feet ahead, our arms stretching with our connected hands between us he finally stops and turns. I'm nervous as I tell him. "I'm not sure if this is a good idea."

He fully turns to face me, hand dropping mine he looks me over. "I'm not gonna lie, I'm not a good man, and my intentions aren't good ones."

That makes my heart drop, but a flutter of desire is still there. Making quite a confusing feeling going on inside my stomach. His hands find their way into his jeans pockets, in the light of the front of the building I could see he does have a few patches on the front of his vest. The first rectangle patch on his right shoulder, my left says 'V. President' a second rectangle under it says 'Fear no Evil'. Vice president of a group called fear no evil? I had never heard of that one. To be fair, I'm not well-versed in biker gangs.

The other side has one more patch, with just the word 'Dice'.

"Dice?" I ask.

"My name." He said taking a step forward. I fought myself to not step back, I was still in front of the bar, in the light. I was safe here if he had decided to do anything. "I might have dirty things in mind for tonight, but know this little mouse, I never force a woman. Every woman that's been with me, and will be, has consensually and enthusiastically joined me."

There's a twist of jealousy in my gut, but it doesn't stop my thighs from squeezing together. I have to clear my throat before I ask. "And what are you planning?"

His hands come out of his pockets and he jesters around him. "I told you, we'll have a fun night then go back to my hotel room. At any point you want to leave I'll drop you off anywhere you want and we'll call the night done."

"Just like that?" It sounded too good.

"Just like that." This time he holds out his hand, a silent invitation. I have to swallow my nerves and rub my clammy hand on my jeans. After a passing heartbeat, I reach out and take his hand.

So, so stupid. I chide myself immediately. What was the point of all those bad dates I've been on? They were to live a life before I went off into residency. I wanted to experience something fun and sporadic, to do something I haven't done before. And well, going off with a guy like this is something so completely out of the norm for me.

"Just so you know I have a taser," I said. He actually laughs, I could feel my face get even hotter.

"You shouldn't let the guy you're with know, keep it a surprise." He's probably right, I don't comment on it. My hand is given a little tug and I follow him as he starts back towards the parking lot. No surprise to anyone, he leads me to a motorcycle, one of those older low rider ones. It had at least a little seat on the back. He drops my hand to flip open one of the saddle bags and pulls out a small helmet. "Here, it might fit you."

"Have many women on the back of your bike?" Again a pang of jealousy hits me, there's absolutely no reason for it. So I ignore it.

"Not often." He said. Dice helps me with the helmet, it feels a little tight once it's on but not uncomfortably so. He pulls out a second one that's more of a traditional strap under the chin, rather than the full head covering one he put on me. "Are you ready for the best night of your life little mouse?"

This time, I laugh at him. It releases some of the wound-up tension in my body. I shake my head at him, and when I look up he's smirking at me. I smile back at him. "Are you sure you can live up to that?"

"I'm pretty confident in my abilities." Dice turns to his bike, throws a leg over it, and half turns to pat the seat behind him. "Don't be shy, straddle it and hold on tight."

That pulls a choking laugh out of me as I move to his bike. I had never rode on one before so it takes some adjusting until I'm snuggly pressed to his back, my arms around his waist like a vice. The bike starts with a roar, the bike itself vibrates and I can't help but feel giddy like I was about to go on a rollercoaster.