Chapter Nine

•·················•·················••·················•·················•

My body hurt, mostly my lower half, as I stretched. Looking around I found my phone still halfway in my pants pocket in the middle of the floor. I lean over to grab it and hear a loud groan from behind me. "Get back into bed, it's not even noon."

"As much as I'd love to, I have to work at noon." I step into my pants and pull them up. When I turn around I regret not getting back into bed with Dice. His arm is behind his head, laying back against the headboard with the white sheet of the bed just barely covering his lower half. Fuck, I think I drool a little at the sight of him in the morning light. But no, I have to be responsible.

"Once in the morning is not enough." He complains and I hold out my hand, one finger up.

"The first time when we got into the room." I held up a second finger. "The second time in the shower an hour later." A third finger. "The third time an hour ago when you woke me up."

"You loved it." He said, and I did. I wasn't going to argue with him about it, I just turned to look for my shirt. When I find it, I snatch it up and start airing it out before pushing one of my arms in. "Our one night went by too fast."

That gives me pause, and I turn back to him. His tone was sad but his body language was the same. Just relaxed with a messy bedhead and hooded eyes that tracked my movements. I finish pulling on my shirt and then look at the little side table. There's the hotel phone, a little pad of paper and a few pens. Should I? It could be a good idea, but it could also be a very bad one. Looking back to him I'm pretty sure my hormones make my decision.

Moving to the side table I pick up the pen and write down my phone number. "If you're in town in the next two months, text me."

"Just if I'm in town?" He asks me.

"I won't stop you from texting me whenever, but I'm moving in two months. And it's a few states away, not a short ride from here."

"What state?" He asks. I turn to look at him, a hand on my hip. He just raises a brow at me.

"Maybe I'll tell you at some point." I know I was kidding myself, I'd probably tell him at some point. I just couldn't make that commitment, even if it turned out to be just some more hookups. I had only planned on going on dates while I was still here, when I moved I had wanted to jump head first into work. With no distractions, and Dice, sexy tattooed Dice, is a huge distraction. "Now, are you going to drive me home?" I ask, then hold up my phone, wiggling it around a little. "Or are you going to make me get an Uber?"

"You are not getting a damn Uber." Dice grumbles out. He throws the sheet aside and my eyes immediately go down, especially when he slides out of bed and stands. "Stop looking at my cock or we'll never leave the room."

My eyes snap up to his then I turn around. Spotting my bear next to the door I go and grab it. It only takes a few minutes for Dice to use the bathroom and dress. Just before we leave, he goes over to the little nightstand, tears the paper off the pad, and tucks it into his pants pocket. He walks over to me where I wait by the door and grabs my chin. He gives me a soft lingering kiss that makes my stomach flutter. Then we were out of the room and moving to the parking lot. Once on the back of the bike, my mind wanders. Only half paying attention as I gave Dice directions by pointing. At first, this was supposed to be just one night, I had been okay with that. Dice seemed like he didn't want to leave it there though, and I felt the beginnings of something I had to shove down.

Just because he's hot and great in bed doesn't mean I should develop a crush on him. I don't know anything about his life, I just know that he likes horror movies and chocolate ice cream. I don't know what he does for work, or if the bike club he's a part of is just a club or a cover for something more. He could be a very, very bad man with a rap sheet a mile long. I was going to be a doctor, how would it look if I went out with a criminal? A few secret hookups were one thing, but if it's brought up, it would be a no. In that moment I promised myself, on the small chance he asked me on a date-date I would tell him no.

Maybe I was just getting ahead of myself with that. He probably just wanted a friend with benefits, and I'd happily agree to that.

And my thoughts were spiraling. I was overthinking and making assumptions. I didn't know what Dice wanted, because I never asked.

When he texts I'll ask.

Before I even realize how close we were I see my small apartment complex and pointed toward it. Dice pulls into a spot in front of it, unintentionally next to Becky's truck. I step off of the back of his bike and pull off my helmet. Dice opens his saddle bag and trades me his helmet for my bear. Before I could take a step back he grabbed my arm.

"I'll text you." His bike was still going, if I wasn't so close to him I wouldn't have heard him. He leans towards me, eyes on mine and questioning.

I lean forward to kiss him much like the one he gave me this morning. "I'll answer your text, just remember I have.."

"Work." He cuts me off, letting go of my arm. He gives me one last look before sitting back on his bike. "Goodbye for now Mouse."

Watching him leave there's a sense of excitement and disappointment. My feelings were all screwed up, I had no idea where to start to process them.

"So, a bad boy?" Logically I knew it was Becky's voice, but some primal part of my brain didn't register it before I let out a terrified scream so high-pitched I surprised myself.