Ch. 3 - Fireflies

Currently, Scott and Derek stood outside the vault door, waiting for Allison to come to terms with the fact that the reason her mom was dead was because she tried to kill Scott.

" She tried killing you," Allison repeated

" Uh, yeah, yeah," Scott confirmed, not meeting her eyes.

" Why didn't you tell me?" Allison asked. Scott closed his eyes in guilt but kept his head down.

"  I'll tell you everything, okay? I'll tell you a-anything that you want to know, but right now..." Scott began to promise, but Allison cut him off.

" Just tell me why. " Allison demanded. Only then, did Scott meet her eyes.

" I... I couldn't. Allison, I couldn't let that be the last memory that you had of her." Scott stated. Allison scoffed and began making her way to the entrance when the doors suddenly swung open and revealed an out-of-breath Y/N, leaning on the open door.

" Where?" He asked, catching his breath.

" Y/N?" Scott asked, walking over to his brother. He went to put a hand on his shoulder but got swatted off.

" Where... is Cora?" Y/N demanded.

" Ask her," Derek said pointing to Allison. Y/N looked at her, to which she confessed.

" I broke the seal of mountain ash keeping them in, and now their loose. There. Happy?" She asked. Y/N sighed, before popping his neck.

" Then where are they now?" He asked, pulling off his gray jacket.

" Did you run here?" Scott asked.

" Somewhere in Beacon Hills. And they are out of control, so we need to find them, and fast." Derek explained. " And we need all the help we can get," Derek said, looking right at Y/N.

" Is it time?" He asked to which Derek nodded. Y/N nodded and tied his jacket around his waist.

" Wait, how is my brother going to help?" Scott asked Derek, to which he smiled. Gesturing to Y/N, Scott watched as Y/N closed his eyes. But when he re-opened them, Scott saw something he did not expect.

 But when he re-opened them, Scott saw something he did not expect

Scott's eyes widened, as his brother's eyes turned yellow. " You're a..."

" A werewolf?" Y/N finished. " Yeah. I'm Derek's most recent beta."

" Since when?" Scott asked, flabbergasted.

Looking at Derek for confirmation, Y/N received a nod.

(Flashback)

Days after Boyd and Erica had gone missing, Y/N walked into the loft to find Derek staring out the window. " Any luck on our missing beta friends?" He asked. Derek grunted. " I'll take that as a no." Y/N seated himself on the couch, before looking up at his friend. " Why won't you let me help you?" He asked.