Ch. 14 - More Bad Than Good

When Y/N got home, he learned that Scott had left, and realized that he was trying to help solve the case Noah had requested help on. Y/N waited until the next day before he asked about the details. According to Scott, Malia Tate, a girl who had turned into a coyote after an accident, meaning she was a werecoyote. And Scott needed to find a way to turn her back to human very soon, or the authorities would kill her. Y/N offered his help, to which Scott was thankful for. The next day at school in the history classroom before class began, Y/N, Scott, Stiles, and Allison grouped together to try and figure out how to find Malia.

"Here's where we found the den. It's right in the middle of the hiking trail." Stiles pointed out.

"Well, that could narrow it down. Coyotes travel in fixed trails." Allison explained. "But I think you're right about her not going back to the den. Coyotes don't like wolves." Scott winced. "And they're really smart. If they don't want to be heard, they actually walk on their toes."

"Coyotes tip-toe?" Stiles asked, shocked.

"They tip-toe." Allison nodded, making Stiles' jaw drop. But then the bell rang, meaning their little meeting was at its end.

"I got to go, but send me the pinned location." Allison said, leaving the history classroom.

"Okay." Stiles promised, and Scott and Stiles made their way to their seats. But Scott was cut off by Kira walking up to him.

"Hey. I'm Kira." Kira said, but then her eyes went wide. "You knew that. I knew you knew that. I don't know why I just told you that again." Kira began to ramble while Scott smiled. "Anyway, I have something for you."

"For me?" Scott asked, confused.

"Yeah. About the bardo. My explanation was sort of all over the place, so I did some research and I printed it out for you." Kira explained, going through her bag. Y/N was watching this with a smirk, knowing exactly what was in the works.

"Ah, you didn't have to do that." Scott said, nicely.

"It only took a couple of hours." Kira stated, like it was nothing.

"Wow." Scott said, shocked. "Then you really didn't have to do that."

"I swear I printed it out." Kira recalled, looking through her backpack again.

"Kira." Mr. Yukimura called out to her. Scott and Kira looked to see Mr. Yukimura holding Kira's papers. "You forgot all the research you did for that boy you like." Kira and Scotts jaws dropped, Kira in shock from her father outing her, and Scott in surprise about this revelation. And Y/N was in his seat stifling a laugh, when all of a sudden, he felt something hit him in the head. Glancing to his left, he saw Kaitlyn shaking her head. Y/N narrowed his eyes as a reply. "All right, everyone. Let's get started. We were just talking about internment camps and prisoners of war." Mr. Yukimura reminded the class as he opened a textbook. "There's a passage in our reading that I'd like to go over in more detail Who would like to come up and read aloud for us?" He scanned the room. "Mr. Stilinski, how about you?" Stiles' eyes went wide.

"Oh, maybe someone else could." Stiles mumbled.

"Everyone participates in my class, Mr. Stilinski." Mr. Yukimura said, giving the boy an encouraging smile.

"Okay." Stiles said, and made his way up to the front of the class to read from the textbook. However, Y/N watched as he began to hyperventilate, before Stiles ran out of the room, and Scott followed quickly after. Y/N glanced at Kaitlyn who was looking at him in confusion, to which Y/N quickly got out of his seat and chased after his brother. He followed his brothers scent into the locker room, and found him and Stiles sitting down, and Stiles had calmed down a bit.