Chapter 2

Instead of the usual sun that wakes Mile up, it's the sound of thunder and whimpers that woke him up. Mile squeezes his eyes shut, hoping to fall back to sleep, but he feels something wrong. The weight on his chest is not light but heavy, and it feels like a person's body is lying on top of his own one.

Mile furrows his eyebrows, he slowly opens his eyes only to be greeted by a hair and wait, is that a bunny ears? Mile opens his eyes in confusion, surprisingly calm. He thinks about the fact he fell asleep with a bunny on his chest only to be waken up by a small framed man with bunny ears.

Hybrid?

Hybrid, a mixture between two or more species. Mile knows that hybrids exist in this world but never encounter them closely as it is very rare to see one, you could say they are starting to go extinct. So realizing that the bunny he brought in is actually a hybrid bunny slightly surprised him.

Mile was deep in his thoughts when a loud thunder clapped, causing the man on top of him to jolt and whimper loudly followed by a loud sobs. Mile instinctively reached his hands out to comfort the hybrid, gently touching the hybrids arm.

As Mile touched him, the hybrid tilted his head up and looked at Mile, who was mesmerized. The hybrid is looking at him, with tears in his eyes, a red nose and wobbly lips, trying to suppress his cries. So pretty. Mile then gently circled his arms around the hybrid, hugging him to give comfort, to which the hybrid immediately snuggled to.

"Hush, Don't cry, it's just a thunder"

"Hng..."

"Can you tell me your name?"

"Hmnn....ben..."

"Ben?"

"B-biiiib...b-bllllle"

"Bible?"

"Hm"

Bible, that's a cute name. Mile was about to pet Bible's head when a lightning strike followed by a loud crack of a thunderclap. Bible, who was just starting to calm down in Mile's arms, was startled. He squeals and grips onto Mile, latching onto him as he tries to bring himself closer to the human, wanting to be protected.

Bible hid his face into Mile's chest, clutching onto the human's pajama, he cried. He's terrified of the thunder and can't help but seek comfort from the human who helps him. He was feeling a lot safer in the arms of his human, so he melts into the embrace.

"It's okay, I'm here"

"S-scwawy"

"I know, it's loud and scary right?"

"Mhm"

"But, it's okay, I'll protect you from the evil thunder"

"P-pwotect, B-biib"

"Yeah, I'll protect Bible"

Mile feels Bible nods against his chest, he can't help but turn fond at the hybrid laying on him. He gently readjusts both of them, bringing Bible to sleep on his side, facing him. Mile then brings Bible's smaller frame closer, hushing the smaller one to sleep. Until he realized, fuck, Bible's not wearing anything... that's a problem for tomorrow though. And soon enough the two fell back to sleep, with Bible all snuggled up against Mile's embrace.

- - -

Mile woke up for the second time, the soft sun shines through his curtains, indicating to him that the rain has stopped. He looks toward the figure in his arms, floppy white bunny ears covering the male's face, hands pressed against his chest, clutching onto his shirt, while his body curls towards Mile.

Mile gently pries the small hands off of him, which earns a small whimper that only dies down after Mile caressed the smaller one's head and whispers comforting words. He then gently slips out of the bed and went towards his closet (yes, it's a walk-in closet) and grabs new underwear before scanning through his clothes, trying to find the smallest one for the hybrid.