27

Two weeks after christmas, Y/n was packing her things for her first day of work. Pierre was leaning against the couch, watching her frantically grab at things.

"Princesse, I don't think you are going to need the cheese grater at work today." He said as he quickly grabbed her wrist to make her stop.

"I'm sorry, I am just so nervous! What if they don't like me? What of I'm not clever enough."

"You could never not be clever enough, don't be ridiculous. Do you want me to drive you?"

"I don't know, could I not just take your car?"

"No"

"But I'm a good driver, I'm a Leclerc, I mean-"

"Y/n, your brother is my best friend. You may be Leclerc but you do not drive like one. Just remind me, did you crash your Mum's car 5 or 6 times?"

"6, but that's not the point."

"That's decided. I'm taking you! Get in the car."

"But what if I have forgotten something?"

"You haven't, I have the all important cheese grater!"

-----

"This car is too flashy! Drop me round the corner please, P!"

"No, are you embarrassed of me?" 

"They will think I am some rich bitch!"

"No, you're just dating a rich bitch! Me, I'm the rich bitch. Ta da!"

"Shut up!"

When Pierre finally dropped Y/n off, her new supervisor was standing at the door. "Miss Leclerc, how nice to finally meet you in person." she said with a warm smile. "That's quite an impressive car," she said looking over at Pierre's car, which happened to have Pierre leaning against it. "Quite an impressive man as well, I think he wants your intention." Y/n quickly blushed, walking over to Pierre.

"You're embarrassing me!"

"You didn't kiss me goodbye, how will I survive the whole day without you!"

"You're tragic, you know that!" Y/n said before giving him a quick peck on the lips. Pierre of course wouldn't allow such a chaste kiss. he grabbed her by the hips, pulling her closer so she could get away. He gave her a proper kiss.

She smacked him on the chest, "Enough, enough please!"

"Fine"

Y/n walked back over, "I'm sorry about that. He is so embarrassing!"

"Ehh, that's the french! they're a lot hmm!"

"You don't have to tell me twice. Although I can't say monegasques are much better."

"Aren't you monegasque?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Shall we get to work now?"

 Y/n nodded in reply.

"And please call me Tamsin"

-----

"So,  I'm sending you to rome next week. They needed someone to oversee, run, and participate in the excavation, and truthfully I couldn't be bothered. How do you feel about that?" Tamsin said, sighing loudly.

"Really? You want me to direct a dig, in Rome?"

"Yes, the schedule is pretty low key. You'll start at 9 and finish at 1. You'll have the whole afternoon and evening to do whatever you want. And the University is willing to pay for all your expenses, including a five day trip to Sorrento, where I want you to spend two days with a colleague based in Pompeii. He just wants someone to give some fresh ideas on the sites development, but you'll mostly just have free reign to wander around all day taking in the sites."

"Oh my goodness, thank you! I would be honoured."

"Take that young man of yours as well, I'll set up a few some networking events with some of our Italian benefactors. What does he do anyway?"

"He's a race car driver."

"Just as a hobby?"

"No he's a professional Formula One driver, like my brother."

"I didn't know your brother was a racecar driver." She paused, before gasping in realisation. "Your brother is Charles Leclerc? My son is obsessed with him."

"Yes, didn't you know that?"

"Leclerc is a really common name."

"Well amazing! Bring -" Tasmin gestured in the air.

"Pierre"

"Bring Pierre to Italy with you. You know how those Italians love Formula one. How's your italian?" 

"Bene. I have been speaking it for years."

"Fabulous!"

-----

When Y/n left the university that evening, Pierre was standing outside, as if he'd never left.

"P, please tell me you've been home!"

"Yes baby, I'm not completely pathetic. how was your first day?"

"Good, we're going to Italy. You get to be my arm candy for once."

"What?"

"Tamsin wants me to take you to some dinners with our benefactors in Italy. Are you okay with that?"

"Yes, I get to be a sexy WAG for once!"

"You aren't a wife or a girlfriend."

"Let a man dream! Get in."

As Y/n got into the car, she said "There's no glamourous paddock in archaeological excavations."

"I'll get down and dirty with you any time."

"Ewww no, don't! You are not coming to work with me if you're going to make innuendos the whole time"

"Nope I'm coming. I'll invest in khaki shorts, a white vest, a whip, and one of those Indiana Jones hats."

"That's so stereotypical it's not even funny."