Part 10

"You're not that bad of a person you know. I don't know what picture you've painted of yourself in your head but I'll blank the canvas and paint a beautiful one. The true one." you said as you hugged him.

You were not aware of this but he had tears in his eyes. Even he was surprised to feel this emotion again. To be heard and understood.

----------------------------Time Skip-----------------------

You found yourself running for your life. King of Spade found you. This time you were alone in a general store with only one exit where he stood waiting for you.

How did you end up alone? What happened to Chishiya? HOW DID YOU END UP BEING THE TARGET OF THE FUCKING KING OF SPADES?

Well, let me enlighten you.

After hiding from the King you and chishiya decided that it was better to clear as many games as possible. Because of course, this is a collective game so all the survivors have to work together on this.Silly of you to think that they were all going to think the same way and act like a team.You knew that even if you were smart, your specialty lies in the physical games so you went in the Jack of spade game and Chishiya went to Jack Of Diamonds. You two stayed away from heart games and even if you were forced to enter, you agreed that you two won't play it together.You two decided that you'll meet at the Shibuya Crossing once you two were done.His game took unexpectedly long (because then he went to Kind Of Diamonds on his way back) so you decided to get something to eat where you met another very anxious player and you didn't like anxious people in borderlands because they were not reliable. So you kept your guard up. What's the worst that can happen?You saw King of Spades Blimp and he was crossing from right in front of your store. He hasn't noticed you both yet. You looked over to the guy he was about to through a fit and was shaking like crazy. But you sneaked up to him as quietly as you can and covered his mouth and took control of his limbs. You were visible to the King's range of view the only thing between you two was a thin glass window.Luckily he still hasn't noticed the both of you. So you slowly started pulling the guy back as he was trying hard to get out of your grip and was making too much movement. But to your relief King almost passed from your window, JUST ALMOST.When this dumbass took out a very tiny useless gun and tried shooting the king. One missed shot and king started shooting in your direction. You fell back behind the shelf but the guy couldn't make it and now it was just king and you in this TINY ROOM.You knew Chishiya was going to come soon too. You cannot just run away you have to warn him.You started shifting towards the door as the king entered more into the room. You knew you were not going to get out of here without being injured or killed if you just bolted, you HAD to make a distraction.Chishiya's bomb came into your mind. You were planning what should you do when the King Of Dimond Blimp blew up, it was Chishiya. King looked at it and you bolted but not before throwing Chishiya's bomb in King's feet. So before he can turn and shoot you the bomb created another distraction.Maaaan you've never run faster than this in your entire life. You knew that you cannot run faster than the bullets so you took to a low alley and started moving in the Crossing's direction so that you can warn Chishiya once he come there.But on the way, you met up with Arisu and Usagi. You were so happy to see both of them! Finally some familiar faces. You explained the situation and they came with you.Usagi was a bit hurt and King of spades' blimp was nowhere to be seen so you two went into a general store to get the supplies and that is when you heard a gunshot.You two came rushing out and on your way as you heard a couple of more rounds being shot. You were sure that it wasn't King because the sounds of all of them were different.As you entered the crossing your eyes landed on Chishiya who was hiding behind a car. When you looked closely & he looked hurt and then you saw blood. Everything blurred out and all you managed to say silently was, "Chishiya" as you ran towards him.Then you spotted Niragi who was intently looking at you as he pulled up his gun and said, "Oh yeah, I almost forgot about you two." and started shooting in your direction.You made it behind the car in time but Usagi couldn't because of her injury and that is when he shot his last bullet at her.It was all in a blur and slow motion. You were asking her to come to you but she couldn't. Then you saw Chishiya run over to her. You heard two shots.As your eyes land on Chishiya, his white jacket had two huge blood stains. He saved her. You ran with all your will and stopped him from dropping directly on the floor as you called out his name loudly."Why would you do that?" Usagi said as she came along with Arisu. "I wanted to do something that was a bit out of Character," he said his eye glued on you.

More than him being hurt he was worried about you. He was trying to cheer you up. He knew that this was a bit selfish of him because he promised you that you two will get out of here. Now he did this but it was important for him. His eyes were constantly glued on yours and as you start to tear up he put a hand on yours as he said...

"I know it is thanks to people I know here. To Kyuzuryu, Arisu, and You." he looked back at you. Arisu cut in, "Hey, before what were you gonna say?" Chishiya looked at Arisu and let out a weak chuckle that sounded more like a grunt. His heavy breathing and weak voice were breaking you down slowly. You didn't know how to stop this. For the first time, you felt helpless here.Then he looked back at you not leaving a chance to soak your face in his memories, "Oh yeah." His eyes went back to Arisu and Usagi, "Honest people always seemed stupid to me. I've always loved messing with people who try too hard at life." Then he looked back at you and continued, "I hated selflessness. It's probably because I'm jealous. They all had something I didn't. It was like they could always see what a pathetic and small-minded person I really was." He squeezed your hand, "I was always scared."Now tears were running like a river you didn't want to stop them. You could hear Arisu and Niragi talking in the background when you pressed your forehead against Chishiya's, "I hope you're not considering this lame speech as your goodbye." as you both chuckle. You could feel Usagi's eyes on you two with curiosity but you couldn't care less."Don't bail on me," you said softly as you lift your forehead away from him. He was too weak to answer and before he can gather the courage, the King Of Spades' Blimp came around. You looked back at Chishiya who said, "Don't even think about it." "No, I'm staying. I won't leave you." You could hear shooting in the background and people started pouring from the streets. Chishiya took his hand out of his hold and ask you to go. "No! Shut up I'm not leaving!" You said now shouting at him for the fact that he is even suggesting this. "Let's hide them under the cars," Arisu said."Are you nuts? This is not going to work. I'm not leaving him here." you said clearly intimidating Arisu. You never raised your voice ever since they knew you."Go. I promise I'll be okay. We'll meet again. You have a better chance at saving me if you kill the king" you hated that he was right. So you helped Arisu in shifting them under the cars but not before giving Chishiya a lingering kiss.You started running into an alley and reunited with Kuina and Ann. As you were running King got close, PRETTY CLOSE, and got a hand of Ann. All of you saved her with team efforts when a guy ran into the king with a car.