17

"Haerin POV"

It has been weeks since that encounter I had with the three of them. Whenever I'm in the house, I try my best to avoid Y/N, I'm doing very well getting over her, I think. I have been keeping myself busy with the café, coming up with new menu items, hanging out with Hanni and Minji. They are still close with Y/N, but I guess they have become my best friends now, though they try not to bring up Y/N whenever I'm around. Y/N... well, she has been hanging out with Hyein a lot now and Danielle, I don't blame Danielle, I have even come to even think about forgiving her, but Hyein... She's the problem, I don't know what to do with her. I want Y/N, but at the same time I can't find it in me to fight with her.

Today when I woke up in the morning, I could already hear Hyein and Y/N giggling, what a great morning right? Waking up to your once girlfriend and your enemy giggling and being all sweet. But what could I do, I couldn't leave Y/N, no one could calm her down like I could, and if she had another attack without me around, I guess I'm just tied to her for life. I must have owed her something in my past life and I'm just repaying back this life isn't it? So as usual, I did my morning routine, and I went downstairs to the kitchen to make myself breakfast. Did you know, avocado on toast tastes amazing? Finishing everything, I went up into my room again to change into a casual and presentable outfit and leave the house, but before I could leave the house, I was stopped by someone.

"Haerin-ah, wait." I turned to find Y/N running towards me, what did she want?? We haven't been talking to each other in weeks and there was no reason I could think of for her to approach me. I stood rooted to the ground while she stood in front of me panting. "Can I follow you to work?" I looked at her dumbfounded, the heck did she mean by follow me to work? Her girlfriend Hyein was still in OUR house and she just left? "No, I have to go. Stop following me." I turn to walk away and while I was walking towards the café, I hummed the lyrics to NewJeans Hurt. "Hurt, nah nah, I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt..." I chuckle sadly, the lyrics were too ironic, at the end of the day I knew I lost. I mean look at me and Hyein!? If you compare me and her objectively, why would anyone choose me? She's taller, more beautiful, has better proportions, long legs, cute smile, and oh, the worse of all and the biggest decider, she's normal. I'm born with some depression disease remember? I always think on the negative side of things, accompanied by me having my anxiety attacks every now and then, I'm a total wreck, I'm a total mess.

I sighed as I took out the key to unlock the doors to the café when I saw in the glass reflection, Y/N standing timidly behind me, I turned behind so quick and glared at her. "I thought I told you no?" "D..D-Don't be angry, I just want to follow you to work Haerin-ah..." I scoff as I ignore her as I walk through the doors. I walked into the staff area and put my bag down, run a hand through my hair as I heave breaths of frustration. What am I going to do with her? She's already here and I don't think I can ask her to go back alone, Hanni and Minji were out on their date and I don't have the heart to disturb them, and I am so NOT calling Hyein.

It'll be okay if she just sit somewhere in the corner right? Yeah, That's what I'll do. I'll just ask Y/N to sit in the corner and give her something to entertain her. I walk out and saw her standing in front of the cake display, kneeling down in front of the tiramisu cake, it was my newest obsession and I thought I'd introduce it to the customers to see if they would like it, and if they would, I'll add it to the menu. I walked beside her and coughed to get her attention.

"Ahem, soo Y/N, you can stay but you're going to entertain yourself with something. Follow me." I started walking but I was stopped by Y/N's hand tugging at my shirt shyly. I swear to god it was the cutest thing I ever seen, but I can't fold like this, I'm angry at her. Kang Haerin, you can do this. I look at her sternly and she was biting her lips and she opened her mouth, "H-Haerin-ah... Um... Could I have some of this thing?" "You mean the tiramisu cake?" She nodded frantically and gave me a pleading look, and what could I do? Her puppy eyes were to die for as I sighed and walked behind the counter to cut a slice of tiramisu and place it on a plate.