Animals

Yuki stands on his back legs and pats her hand before letting her pick him up and follow Tohru.

Rushing down the stairs with Yuki close to her chest in order to not drop him, they find Tohru outside reaching out for a delivery man that walked away from the house.

"Ugh! We could've covered if you jerks hadn't transformed, too!" The orange cat hissed at the two animals. Tohru stared with a terrified look. Placing Yuki down, Y/n rolls her eyes. "Jeez. Your so noisy." She groans. Growling at her response, Kyo opens his mouth to yell at her but was cut off by Yuki. "You're the one who screwed up first, stupid cat." Yuki accuses and sighs. "Oh, yeah?" Kyo begins to shout. "Clumsy feline." Y/n deadpans at the two and shakes her head. "So you can turn into animals?" She questions, catching their attention. "We can either tell her the truth or make up a story she won't believe anyway." Shigure says and turns to the two girls. "As you can see, I'm the Dog, Yuki is the Rat, and Kyo Sohma over here is the cat." Shigure informs, ears down in a pouty way.

"We're all possessed by animal spirits." As Shigure informed the girls, Y/n crouched down and sat on her heels next to the still-confused Tohru. "Ten others in the Sohma family are similarly possessed by the different zodiac animals." Tohru's eyes widen slightly at this. She didn't know if she was shocked by the zodiac curse or by the fact that there were more of them. "It's been this way for generations." Shigure closed his eyes while Kyo looked away from the four.

Generations? So this was like some family secret that's been going on for centuries?! Y/n's mouth opened in shock, brow raised and eyes wide. She was flabbergasted by the information. "Unfortunately, it doesn't give us any especially cool powers to speak of. Pretty much all we can do is communicate with our respective animals, and we transform when our bodies are weakened or when hugged by someone of the opposite sex." All this information he had been spewing was making Y/n's head hurt. "We automatically turn human again after a while." A blast of smoke caused the girls to squeal in shock.

The second she noticed Yuki's bare chest, Y/n grabbed Tohru and turned her away while she did the same. Both cherry red, Tohru screamed in shock. "Completely naked, I'm afraid." By the sound of his voice, it was clear he was just as embarrassed as the two.

"Sorry about that."

Shigure fixed his kimono while Yuki his tie. Y/n sat at the table next to a frazzled Tohru. "I know it must've come as quite a shock to you two. Now, then, are you feeling a bit calmer?" The black-haired man asks, turning to look at them. "I think so, but it's kind of a lot to take in." Tohru says and then gasps. Y/n merely stared at Yuki who was bright pink. He hadn't looked at the two since he transformed back. Had she made him mad when she bumped into him earlier? A feeling in her stomach that felt like a pit was being dug, made her brow twitch in annoyance. Guilt? No way. She hadn't felt this guilty since Kyoko–.

She had been so lost in her thoughts that she hadn't noticed a hand slams itself into the table right in front of her until a stinging pain was felt on her forehead. Wincing she brought her hand up to the spot where she felt the stinging sensation, once she pulled away she was blood. Now looking in front of her, she noticed the table had been broken. Turning to the person responsible, she glared at Kyo. "You little–" Getting cut off by her frantic sister. "Y/n! You're bleeding!" Tohru grabbed the h/c girl by her cheek and turned her to examine the wound. "I'll get the bandages." Shigure mumbles, moving away and towards a small cabinet in the room. A loud slap was heard and then a gasp. Y/n turned to the sound and found Yuki, who wore a murderous glare, had his hand swung to his side and Kyo was now turned to look to his left.

"I knew you were a moron, but I didn't think you were this stupid." Yuki insults, taking his tie off. Kyo's eyes slid to meet his cousins. "Out of respect for the sheer depth of your idiocy, I'll do you a favor and fight you for real." Y/n sweat drops at this and watched Yuki pull up his sleeves. "Uh– I don't think that's really neces–" Kyo cuts the bleeding girl off making her give an offended look. "Give it all you've got, you little girly boy!" He shouts and swung a kick at the grey-haired boy, only for it to be dodged and have a punch received.