Memories...

The h/c hair flipped in the wind as she ran down the empty street, reaching a hand to the orange-haired woman who only got further and further away from her. "Don't leave! Please! I'll be good!" She cried, tears dripping down her cheeks.

She was now in an old shop, and though her knees were all bloodied and her arms bruised, she was still not questioned. It seemed the store owners could care less. She grabbed a slimjim and tucked it into her jacket. Trying to act inconspicuously was hard for the girl as it seemed the owner already knew her plan. The old man reached out to grab her but missed when she bolted out of the store.

Crouched down by a dumpster she ate the meat with a solemn expression. She didn't know what else to do. Kyoko was gone. Tohru was too busy being moved around in the family. She had nowhere to go. No friends to ask for help. No family to hold her tight and comfort her. She had nobody. Y/n tucked her head between her knees and wrapped her arms around her legs. She wanted nothing more than to disappear. Her thoughts were interrupted as she felt a slight pressure on her arm making her gasp in fright and kick the cause of the pressure.

A grunt was heard and Y/n looked up to find a boy in a blue jacket, his face all scratched up and unrecognizable. "Sorry.." He apologized and rubbed the back of his head. Y/n narrowed her eyes at him in confusion and backed away, scooting closer to the brick wall. He noticed her tensed actions and raised both hands abruptly. "It's okay, I'm not gonna hurt you." He says in a rushed tone. She stared at him waiting for something, anything. The boy slowly moved one hand to his jacket and pulled out a cookie. "I was planning on saving it for later, but you can have it." He said, tossing the bag to her.

She reached out and picked the bag up, making the boy smile. "I'm Yu—"

Gasping as she sat up in fright. Her hair stuck to her forehead with sweat as a headache made its way to annoy her. She brought a hand up to grip the aching head and swiftly tossed her feet over the bed and onto the floor. The cold pricked at her toes, she held back a squeal and stood.

Leaving her room and walking down the hall and stairs and into the bathroom, she stared at the monstrosity she had found herself to be. Smeared makeup from the day before, messy hair all tangled up in knots, and eyes red from crying. She quickly grabbed a makeup wipe and roughly wiped at her skin making it flare up in a (red color/ burning pain).

A knock at the door caused her to jump. "Y/n, dear? Are you alright? I heard some crying earlier." It was Shigure. His voice sounded worried. Y/n shook her head at her loudness. He knocked once again. "Uh— I'm fine. Sorry." She says, walking up to the door and opening it. Shigure was leaning on the door frame. Once he saw her his brows furrowed. "Y/n... Maybe you should stay home for today.." He mumbles setting a hand on her shoulder.

Y/n shook her head but winced when her headache worsened. "Here let's get you to bed." He pulled her close enough to let her lean on him without having him transform. As they walked up the stairs he began to talk. "I know your late mother wants you to go to school, but I think it'd she'd rather you stay home and get well." He says and she nodded, not having the energy to talk. She laid down with a huff.

Shigure pulled her blanket over her. "I'll bring a rag for you. Focus on sleeping and getting better." He says and left her room.

Y/n wanted nothing more than for this headache to dissipate so she could get everything for the festival ready.

"I'll see you later, Y/n/n. I love you." Tohru says with a smile and waves to her sister who smiled back. The brunette walks out and shuts the door behind her.

"How is she?" Yuki asks in a hushed tone, frightening the brunette. She gasps and jumps. Turning to the big after calming herself she smiled. "She's alright. She always gets sick around this time of year. I still don't know why." Tohru shrugs. "I feel bad though, she was so excited about the festival." Tohru sighs and walks towards the stairs with Yuki. "I don't think I've ever seen her excited over anything?" He says confused.