Bye Bye Kitchen table

Song suggestion - Cinnamon Girl by Lana Del Ray (literally obsessed with it)

(NOT EDITED)

Y/n stared out of her window, dejected. She wanted nothing more than to sleep, but she knew that it would do no good.

She watched the brunette Sohma run out of the house in tears. Just a few moments ago, Kagura had prepared a meal, using all of the groceries, to appease Kyo. She acted out on her strong feelings and ended up slamming Kyo through the second story floor and onto the dinner table filled with food.

She felt as if she should follow the girl but she saw Tohru running after her, wallet in hand.

A knock was heard at her open door, she turned and found Shigure pouting. "Could you help clean the living room.. I got a splinter so I'm unable to help Yuki." He raised his index finger, showing her a bandaged finger. Y/n narrowed her eyes at the man and let out a huff. "You are so dramatic." She said, walking past him.

Shigure smirked at her fleeting form. His plan was going into the next phase.

Y/n stood by the sliding doors, watching Yuki hold a trash bag in one hand and picking up wood with the other. She walked over and crouched next to the boy, picking up some pieces of food and wood, glancing over at the grey haired boy every now and then. "Kind of sucks. I was looking forward to eating some curry." Y/n mumbled, grabbing the broken curry bowl and dumping the food in the bag.

Yuki let out a chuckle and looked at her, watching as she stared back at him. "I didn't know you liked curry." She shrugged and smiled a bit. "I mean, it's not on my top 10 favorites but it's good." She replied softly, throwing another broken plate in the bag.

Yuki bit the side of his mouth, unsure if he should ask the question that had been plaguing his mind since this morning. "Miss L/n, I—" He was interrupted when Y/n let out a small sigh. "Please call me Y/n. I don't necessarily like my last name." She pleaded, looking into his purplish eyes. She had hated her last name.

To her it felt like the name shackled her down to the woman that tortured her. She wanted to change her name so badly, but she wasn't old enough, nor had she even known what to change it to. "I'm sorry." He apologized, a small blush appearing on his pale cheeks. "I wanted to ask you something." Y/n looked down at the shattered ceramics, not wanting to say anything, but she had felt a twinge in her heart when he didn't say her name. "Ask away." Yuki grabbed her hand, stopping her from picking up trash. "Are you okay?" Her brows raised and her eyes widened.

"Huh?" She was stunned by the question and drew back from him. Yuki took it as a sign of discomfort and quickly pulled his hand back and looked away, apologizing. "I—I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable." Y/n quickly shook her head and grabbed the boys hand. "No, no, it's fine. I'm not— Its just—" She stammered, struggling to find the words to describe her feelings. Yuki looked up at her face and watched the usually stoic woman crumble into a shy, stuttering mess. "I'm not used to people asking about my feelings." Her voice quiet as she spoke in a gentle hush. Of course Tohru asked about her feelings, but she was the only one to take her feelings into consideration.

"Why do you ask?"

"I care about you."

His honesty only made the redness in her cheeks increase, as she stared at him. "This morning. When you walked into the living room, you looked frightened." A visible sweat appeared on her forehead when she thought back to her nightmare she had. Even awake, the woman was still able to torment her. She wanted nothing more than to forget her.

Yuki watched her eyes dull at the mention of this morning. His furrowed brows and frown matched hers, only his showing concern while hers showed panic. "I won't force you to tell me, but if you need someone to listen, I'm here." That's exactly what she wanted. What she needed. Someone to listen, someone who wouldn't interject while she became vulnerable and told them about her situation. "Thank you, Yuki." His face blew up in a bright shade of red and he nodded.