Chapter 33

"I need to get to Pakistan."

She hastily stood up slamming a handful of notes on the table and dragging Mikhail out by the arm. She even got into the driver's side to drive, until he stopped her telling her he would drive her. She reluctantly agreed and they were soon speeding down their own road.

She sent Mikhail to collect Cihan as she began packing a few bits for herself and him. She couldn't even ask Mikhail to come with her, he had an important exam coming up nor had she even bothered to explain to him what had happened.

She looked to her phone again, waiting for the page to load. Her hands moved frantically shoving different pieces of fabrics and toiletries into the suitcase.

She moved swiftly to her son's room, doing the same thing, by now the website had loaded she had booked herself and her son a ticket on the next plane to departing to Pakistan.

Her panicked hands moved quickly, as did her other limbs. Her brain trying to keep up with her racing thoughts and actions. Nothing else was registering with her, other than parts of the phone conversation.

A pair of arms wrapped around her abdomen, holding her close. The warmth between the bodies gave a comfort she had longed for. She felt his warm breaths on the skin of her neck. Slowly laying her head back upon his chest, she sighed in content.

One of his arms rose up to stroke her upper arm gently, a soothing gesture he had always shown her during moments of distress.

"Whatever happens, we will get through this together." His chest tightened slightly as those words left his lips.

Can I truly live up to those words? His mind taunted him with flashbacks from the past.

Whenever these exact words were spoken from his lips with truth dripping from them and faith in his frail heart, the people on the receiving end were always either taken from him or stabbed him right in his heart with their betrayals.

He was unable to figure out which one Alayna would be.

"I don't think I can make it out alive." Her lack of faith in herself hurt his soul, she really believed that she wouldn't be able to get through whatever was happening despite everything else that had unfortunately taken place in the past.

"We will make it out alive." The emphasis on the 'we' came purely from his heart, the same place that the pain was hitting him from, yet he ignored and prayed that he could follow through with his sincere promise.

She leaned more into his embrace allowing him to be her pillar of support. He accepted gladly holding her tighter.

They stayed like this, silent yet communicating all their thoughts and feelings to each other. Silent yet confessing their love for each other. Silent yet revealing their fear of losing each other. Silent yet knowing of the storm that was to tear everything as they knew it apart.

"I'd love you even if fate were to separate us. I'd love you even when all the blood is drained from my veins. I'd love you even after the last the particle of air leaves my lungs. I'd love you even when my flesh has rotted away and all that is left of me are my brittle bones. Yana, you are my life, my love, my only family, the reason I have pushed myself to this point. Alayna, you are my saviour, and I owe you my life, and so much more." He pressed his lips against her cheek, while watching a tear slide down to greet where their flesh met each other.

Silence prevailed.

Her light breaths were all that he focused on, awaiting a response from those cherry coloured lips.

He portrayed no expression as the silence grew longer, he had learned not to do so. He knew she would not reply, he pulled away from the embrace, and began packing the clothes she had been, before their 'moment'.