Sub Drops and Aftercare

Calum's P.O.V.
I wake realizing I'm back in my dorm room. I don't remember much about last night because as soon as I was excused I immediately came back here and crashed. What weird night, I definitely feel like I didn't get any sleep. But all too soon I hear the familiar sound from the speakers indicating that it's almost 7am. Ugh, time to meet prepare for seeing Luke and Ashton again. I slowly get up and start getting ready by the time I'm completely dressed and ready to leave I noticed Michael isn't up yet. Do I wake him up? After deciding it was worth both of us getting in trouble again I went over the the sleeping boy, "Michael, wake up." I gently shook him. No response. So I tried harder, still no response. Alright I'm getting worried. I check for a pulse, there's is definitely one. So far so good. Next I feel his forehead, checking for a fever. He does feel a little bit warm but nothing I think is cause for worry. So I try again. "Michael, we need to hurry up or we could be in big trouble." Still nothing

K, what do I do now? Well I'm not going to get in trouble, I start to leave when I see the clock reads 7:30, something not right. I hope I don't get in trouble. As I exit the room, I see Mrs. Slaughters coming down the hall. I remember Mrs. Slaughters from orientation, maybe she can be helpful. I hurry to get into the proper sub greeting position as She finally makes her way over. Muttering to herself I hear, "this isn't right we don't usually have subs out this late." Then she turned towards me, "what dom is this?" "D...." I start "Did I say you could speak?" I was speechless. "Exactly what I thought. Dorm...Dorm number, ahhh, D5." Then I heard a bunch of rustling which I could only imagine was her going though her clipboard of paperwork. "Let's see here, Mr. Hood?" "Yes, that is me"

"K, Mr. Hood your Doms have been reported absent this morning. Hemmings was checked into the hospital wing of the school earlier this morning and Irwin can't be found at the moment. You're excused to go to breakfast......" She said the last bit trailing off then I hear more rustling of paper. "First, can you tell me where your roommate, Mr...." Checks clipboard "Clifford is?"  I tilt my head up to get a better look at Mrs. Slaughters while I decide to be truthful or not. Nervously I said "He's still sleeping or at least I think." "Sleeping?" She questioned. "Well, I tried to wake and he didn't respond." I rush to add so nobody gets in trouble. All of a sudden Mrs. Slaughters demeanor changes and in sharp voice she says, "Show Me Him"

I gulp, nervous as hell now. She definitely seems like the type of person that you don't want to cross right now. Quickly I stand, leading her into the dorm room. We approach Michael's bed and see take one look at him then turns to me. "Did anything notable happen in the last 24 hours?" "Well, we did get in trouble and Mr. Henderson gave us " detention"" I said as confident as I could. "Can you elaborate on what was "detention"?" "Not Really, I was given lines to write and Mr. Henderson took Michael into a back room."

Mrs. Slaughters seemed to ponder my word for a moment before pulling out a walkie-talkie "Hospital Wing, we have a code 5sos-Sub Drop in Dorm Room D5" "K, someone will be there shortly." "Excuse me, Mrs. Slaughters but what is a sub drop?" She thought for a moment before saying, "You should learn more about this in your class but it is essentially the after effects of coming off a scene no matter good or bad." "Is sub drop a good?" "It depends on who your around and when it happens. People that you trust should be trained to see the signs of sub drop and be able pull you out even if your sub drop takes days after a scene to show up." "Is he going to be ok?" I ask suddenly super worried. "Well I believe so, it looks like he's going to be feeling hungover when he comes to, but we'll take him to the hospital wing to recover so we can keep a close tab on everything." After hearing that I finally found I could relax for the first time since awaking up. "Go get yourself some breakfast before they close, I'll stay here until the hospital wing worker comes I promise." "I rather stay here." "NO, Go! You'll be able to see him later today if you're so worried." Mrs. Slaughters demanded. Without another thought I was hurrying off to the cafeteria before I got into trouble.

****************************

After Getting myself some breakfast I decided it wouldn't be good to skip any of my classes so I at least went to my morning classes before having to ask where the hospital wing is. They had me check in upon arrival then I was finally led back to see Michael. He definitely didn't look good. He was still unconscious with bruises littering his body and the gave him an IV since it seemed he didn't have enough fluids in his body as I was told. Boy, I don't know what happened last night but this doesn't look good. I found a chair and sat there waiting for several hours before I started seeing movement. Slowly he open his eye, definitely showing signs of disorientation. "Hey, you were completely wiped out this morning so staff brought you here to recover."

"W-w-water" I heard him say in a very broken voice. Quickly I looked around the space and spotted a bottle of water which I grabbed then slowly helped Michael drink. Once he was done I put the water back on the table. With a scoff and an eye roll Michael said, "Well I guess I should thank you." "Hey drop the attitude, if I didn't try and wake you this morning we could both been in big trouble" "I don't need help." He tried to scream back but obviously couldn't since he voice was still sore. Ugh, I don't have time to deal with his bs right now. "Hey, I'll be right back" I told him. "Sure, whatever. And I guess I'm not going anywhere" he sassed.

I stepped out of his little "cubicle" and just breathe a sigh of relief. Taking a look around me I spotted a familiar face in the space across the hall from Michael. It took a second to realize but it was Luke, my dorm dom. I totally forgot I he was brought here this morning. I decided to go check up on him. He was completely out of it. And from the chart hanging off his bed looked like he was running a fever. "Hey, how is he doing?" A voice interrupted my thoughts. Turning towards the voice I saw it was Ashton.  When did he get here as I have no clue."Well to be completely honest I was visiting Michael when I spotted Luke but his charts say he's running a fever." "Yea, he was completely ice cold when I found him this morning." "That doesn't sound good. So what happened to you too last night, that would of cause this?" "We had to spend the night in the isolation rooms. And the were cold as fuck or at least Luke's was."

"Ouch that doesn't sound good." I said. "Trust me it isn't" Ashton said. We sat in silence for a moment watching Luke's unconscious body then Ashton spoke, "hey didn't you say Michael was here too?" "Yea, he awake."  "Will you take me there, I don't see Luke waking up anytime soon." "Sure, I guess." I started as I walked out of Luke's "cubicle" "Just so you know Michael is has still his stubborn bad boy attitude." "Don't worry."Ashton said "I can handle whatever he throws my way."

"Knock, Knock." I say before entering Michael's "cubicle" " Hey I brought you a visitor." "Ugh, I don't want to see anyone." Michael said rudely. "Hey I hope that not how you plan to greet your Dom in the future." Ashton said as he entered. "Oh great it's you again." Michael sassed. Without hesitation Ashton walked up to Michael and backhand him across the face. "Do Not Talk To Me Like That Ever Again." Ashton said in the most dominate voice I've heard. But literally seconds later I watched as Ashton went from Dominate to a worried mess. "I shouldn't done that, I shouldn't done that,I shouldn't done that."He kept repeating that over and over.

What shouldn't he have done?