Chapter 5: Where am I?

That light... I saw my past... Everything flashed before my eyes...

Cameron...

Laura...

Where am I?

I stood up and it appears that I'm in a white room. My clothes are still the same. A white shirt and light brown pants with my brown belt. I lost my coat in the ocean. Somethings odd...

I feel healthy and no matter where I look in the room it's glowing white...

"Aaron!"

"AARON!!"

Huh?!? That sounded like Cameron...

"Cameron! Where are you?" Then I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder. I looked behind slowly and it was Cameron.

"I found my dad and my mum. Aaron, they're so happy to see me! They sent me back here to meet you because they told me you were waking up. Aaron, you won't believe this but we're in heaven! It's the place where we'll be most happy!" What is he saying? Wait... IM IN HEAVEN!?! NOO! LAURA!!

"Cameron... I need to see Laura!" Cameron then hugged me. "This is no happy place without my darling Laura. Cameron this can't be real. How long was I out?" He released me and said "two days in the human world" human world? I was craving the feeling of shivers to flow through me on those words but there was nothing. I felt nothing... Am I nothing now?

"Hey, Aaron? Hey, it's okay... Come with me I'll take you to my parents" He reached for my arm and tried to pull me in his direction. I have no strength. "Cameron my body feels weightless. I need to see Laura. I don't mean to show any disrespect I just need to know if she's doing okay" Cameron then looked at me and smiled.

"Aaron... The girl will be fine she's strong but I know my words alone won't satisfy you. You need to meet my parents or at least my mum... This heaven is my happy place but I can see it isn't yours... Come on we'll have a chat with them..." He pulled my arm a little harder and I decided to follow him.

He led me out of the room onto a path of white clouds. This place is beautiful. I can see children running around and families hugging in delight... I feel isolated. I looked at Cameron and he was smiling at me but I can only show him sadness in return. There's no way I'm dead?

"Aaron!" Shouted an unknown voice...

Cameron began to wave at them... I guess these are his parents.

"Aaron... Thank heavens you're awake" Cameron looked at them and laughed "is that supposed to be a joke mum?" His mum has light brown wavy hair with blue eyes, she's a beautiful lady.

She grinned at me and hugged me and then let go to look at Cameron. "sadly not Cammy. When a person doesn't awaken in this world it's a sign they're going down below. You get three days to wake up and if not your banished for your sins. Aaron, I know this is scary but you're a hero. I was just waiting for the right moment to meet the boy who lost his life to try to save my son. Now in return for your good deeds, I've been told the person from above wishes to speak with you both. You saved a life so expect something in return. Follow me, lads... Wait, your father? Ugh... He's run off to see Angel's football game again. Typical... Aaron, I'll introduce you both later" Cameron giggled.

We both followed her...

I don't want a gift... I just want to go home.

We reached some stairs that were made of clouds. The was a golden light at the top as if it was a gate... "This is as far as I can go boys I need an appointment to go any further. You both just need to head up and push on the gate you'll then arrive in a large room where you can see one chair. Don't sit in that chair just wait patiently and he'll come to you"

Me and Cameron looked at each other confused but we both nodded and said thank you. This place is unique and strange if this is the person in command I just want to tell him I wish to go home.