Dragon Tooth

Alaska was chilling in her room like she normally does before it's time to go to school. She was planning to rollerblade over with Jake, Trixie, and Spud. But a scream from the Long residence had her put her guard up.

 She knew she couldn't summon her weapon or use her powers in front of them, she grabbed a bat instead. Steven and Connie were at their jobs, and Pearl, Amythyst, and Garnet were out for the day, so it was Alaska for today. She burst through the door of the Long's home and rushed to where she heard a panicking Jake. Mr. and Mrs. Long rushed to the living room too. 

"What's happening?! I heard someone scream!" Alaska held the bat over her head, ready to knock someone out if needed. Haily pointed to her tooth, which looked more like a snaggle fang now. "My tooth, it's all wiggly." 

Alaska lowered her bat and let out a relieved sigh. Alaska then looked at Jake and helped him out of his stupor. "You okay, Jake?" 

Jake nodded as Susan and Johnathan fawned over Haily. "Yeah, but you could hear her in your apartment?" Alaska placed a hand on her hip and nodded. 

"I have sharp ears, and the apartments are next to each other." Alaska then started to leave, knowing that Haily's first loose tooth is more of a family matter. "I'll see you at school, Jake." "Yeah, see you."

 Alaska ended up taking out her roller-skates instead of her rollerblades so she could skate to the beat of New York. She's heard about people skating to the beat of the street but has never tried it before. She took out her Walkman and put on her headphones, she pressed play and let Motivation by Normani fill her ears and soul. 

She glided around people and slid over rails. She even skated backwards with so much grace, she might be mistaken for her aunt Pearl. Soon she arrived at the school and put her skates, helmet, elbow and kneepads, and her Walkman in her locker just as she heard her friends walking towards her. 

"Mommy, do girls get better grades than boys too? Man, she thinks she's so perfect!" Alaska smirked and joined her friends, knowing what Jake was ranting about. "Haily again?" Jake nodded. 

"Yeah, she's perfect at wrecking my life." They all stopped at Jake's locker, and he opened it. "Yo, peep game, Jake. I think we got something to cheer you up."

 Spud took out three tickets from his pocket. "We couldn't get four tickets but check it. Trixie hooked us up with tickets to the hip-hop video awards."

 Alaska shrugged but listened as Trixie explained. "Yeah, my cousin Laranda. Yeah, see, she plays volleyball with the guy who brings bagels to the girl who runs the soundcheck." Alaska shivered as she heard the word 'volleyball', back home that sport was so roughly played it might as well be considered cannon fire range. 

"Yeah, and check this again. For the finale Shaniqua Chula Vista's gonna sing her new hit single, Baby Don't be Fretting." Jake did indeed cheer up at the news of one of his favorite singes being there. "What? Shaniqua C. in person? Outside of my dreams?" 

Alaska was happy for her friends, even if she didn't get to go with them. "Sorry, Alaska, I couldn't get four tickets." Alaska smiled at Trixie with a soft yet sad smile. 

"It's alright, Trix. Besides, I don't think my favorite band is gonna be there." Jake paid attention to this, wanting to know more about her interests. "What band?" "Heh, I'd rather not say in case you see them. But I can say some people Suspect they are pretty cool." 

Alaska then walked off to get to class. She was upset, that much is true, but she could watch the awards on tv at home with her family. Alaska walked home with Jake, and they saw a little old man with a Shar-Pei dog at his side. He seemed to be hanging some windchimes while chanting.