Bodyguard Duty

Alaska was helping Lao organize some boxes in the back of the store. "Thanks for the part time job, Mr. Lao." 

"Of course, Alaska." The two soon walked in to where Jake and Fu dog were. And Jake was asking for a memory potion. 

"Ah, Jake. Cutting one corner just leads to more." Jake took the paper his grandpa cut. "You just cut up my homework." 

"The scissors of life may cut through many things...But-but...Ay-ya! Don't question your dragon master, I have a more important mission for you."

Alaska smiled as they left, her shift wasn't over, so she kept working. Stacking boxes, cleaning the shop, and taking stock of everything. But something didn't feel right. 

"Hm." The half-gem closed the blinds so no one could see inside the shop and put up the closed sign. 

Alaska summoned her Odatchi and patrolled the store, she didn't want to use her dragon form unless whoever she sensed is not human. But something did come in. It looked like a gem, but its form looked more like a monstrous spider. 

"Oh great, first day on the job and a corrupted gem appears." She waved one of her hands in the air to get the gem's attention, before leading it outside and up to the roof. "Come on, spider! Show me what you got!" 

The arachnid leapt at the girl, but she slid under in on her knees and took a swipe at its legs. But the exoskeleton was a little too strong as it made Alaska's sword bounce off it. 

"Guess I have to go for the joints." 

Alaska used the shed of the roof to jump onto the spider gem's back. (A/n: Spider Gem, Spider Gem, does whatever a Spider can!~ Ok, I'll stop.) 

She raised her sword and stabbed it between the thorax and body, poofing the corrupted gem. Alaska then picked up the gem and bubbled it, before sending it to her home wear the gem could get treatment. 

The next day at school Alaska found Jake pretty quick. He was with two red heads, one having a gloomy look while the other was all happy. 

"Hey, Jake. Who're these two?" 

"Alaska, this is Karah and Sarah. The oracle twins, I'm their bodyguard till the Ogre Bowl is over." That made sense as Alaska shook their hands. 

Sarah then said something unexpected. "Your gem will crack tonight."

Then Karah made a prediction. "But you will be reunited with those you care about." 

Jake was stunned by what Sarah said. "Wait, what?!" 

Alaska didn't seem bothered as she shrugged and smiled at the two. "Wouldn't be the first time I cracked my gem. Thanks for the warning, Sarah." 

"You're welcome." 

"Wait, how are you so calm about that?" Jake looked to his girlfriend and looked bewildered. "My Aunt Garnet, she can see multiple futures. Sometimes she'll tell me about them." 

The day carried out like normal, well besides Spud spilling literally a truckload of chocolate milk. 

"I gotta get home, I have someone to take care of." Alaska put her roller blades on, and Sarah gave her a prediction before she left. "Watch out for the Purple Dragons!"

The gem skated home as fast as she could but was pulled into an ally and slammed into a wall. It was a few guys with dragon tattoos, purple dragon tattoos. The people Sarah warned her about. 

"Hello, little girl. How about giving us whatever valuables, you have, and we don't hurt you too bad." Alaska only gave a blank look as she made a sheet of ice appear under the gang member holding her.