Fusion

Alaska was so excited that she was a dragon, this meant her bio dad or mom was one too. Believe it or not, the vitiligo teen has always wondered why her birth parents abandoned her, and who they were. 

Right now, she was in her room, Jake was there too and was giving her some support on how to bring it to her parents and aunts that she was an ice spitting dragon. 

"I mean, I can't just walk up to them and say, 'Hey fam, I'm an ice breathing dragon and a gem!' And then poof; I transform in front of them!" Alaska then dragoned up to prove her point. 

Jake knew Garnet would already probably know about Alaska being a dragon, he was nervous on the other's knowing too. "I mean, you don't have to tell them if you're too nervous about it. Garnet probably already knows." 

Alaska nodded as she paced back and forth and changing back. "True, but how am I supposed to tell the rest of the family? Pearl will freak out, Amythyst might be fine about it, Mom and Dad could have the same reaction as Pearl." There was no rest with her theories. 

Jake got up and placed his hands on Alaska's shoulders. "Hey, it'll be ok Snowflake, trust me." 

Alaska took a breath and calmed down. "You're right, I'm going crazy over this. I need to cool off, no pun intended." 

Jake looked to the boom box Alaska had and had an idea, the two making their way up to the roof with the speaker. Once on the top of the building, Jake put the speaker down and played some music. It was a mix of hip-hop and ballet, like the music in Alaska's mind when Amythyst and Pearl would fuse. 

But this was different. It was soft and sweet music, that made you not only want to dance in sink, but dance with your soul. 

"Care to dance, Snowflake?" Jake held out his hand to the girl, and she smiled as she took it. 

The music seemed to change to a more flamenco style as Jake dipped her. The girl spun as he helped her stand again, but then he tripped. This time Alaska caught him in a dip and the two laughed as they didn't notice Alaska's gem glowing and then they were engulfed in a silver blue light. 

The new being opened their eyes to see the roof they were standing on earlier. "Oh, what happened?" 

The being stood up and checked out the red jacket they wore, and the moon crop top underneath had a blue and red dragon on the front too. "Jake...Alaska! Holy-wow! We fused! I fused? I'm a fusion." 

This being was feminine but also masculine, sporting a mix of clothes from both Jake and Alaska. But they had shin high cargo pants, and Alaska's markings were still there but their cheeks were speckled with black, light blue, and red scales. Their left eye was Jake's, and the right was Alaska's. 

"Ok, I have to show the fam now!" Few minutes later the whole Universe family was in the living room looking at the fusion in front of them. 

"It's pretty shocking, but Jake already knew about Alaska being a gem." Connie and Steven were the first to get up with big smiles on their faces. 

"We're so proud of you!" Connie hugged the new fusion while Steven shook their hand. 

"Alaska, please unfuse from Jake!" Pearl wanted to separate them, but Garnet and Amythyst got up and joined Connie in a group hug. After the hug broke, the fusion faced Pearl. 

"No, Pearl. Jake can see everything you did, feeling everything Alaska felt in that moment. Alaska doesn't feel safe around you anymore!" The fusion started to destabilize as they ranted. 

"I know I hit her, but it was the one time! And I was trying to protect her!" 

"The people she got the presents for are the closest things she has to siblings! She was even going to tell you something she discovered about herself!" 

"And what is that!? That she can fuse with her best friend and crush?!" 

The fusions shock came for a second before changing back to anger. "No! That she's a dragon!" Poof! The fusion split apart and Alaska and Jake fell to the ground. 

"Ouch. Now I know how it feels when Saphire and Ruby argue." Alaska stood up and dragoned up, knowing she had to show the family now. They were in awe of her form, the black and light blue scales, the fur that lined her spine, and the light blue membrane of her wings. 

"I'm a dragon, like whoever was my birth dad was. Now, leave me alone." Alaska slinked upstairs and slammed her door. 

Jake got up with Amythyst's help and raced up to Alaska's room, he knocked before entering. "Yo, Alaska, you in here?" He came in and sat next to Alaska, who was hiding under a quilt. 

"I'm not coming out!" Alaksa was angry and embarrassed. Pearl had no right to blast out her secrets; secrets Alaska only ever told Garnet or her mom. 

"Come on, I know that sucked but you can't hide in here forever." 

"Yes, I can!" 

Jake took the blanket off her head and saw her draconic face with tears in their eyes. He grabbed her hand and pulled her to her feet and walking towards the window as the quilt fell. "Come on, let's go cool off." 

Alaska nodded as Jake dragoned up and the two flew out the window and over the city. It was peaceful, no one to bug them, no one to yell or shout, just the breeze as they glided through the shadows of the rooftops. 

"This is nice." Alaska was taking it all in as she looked over to see Jake gone, but was startled when he flew in front of her and booped her snoot. "You're it!" He then flew off. 

"Hey!" The female laughed and gave chase and did eventually corner him, but she was going to fast to stop. So, the two crashed on a roof. 

Jake pushed himself up and so did Alaska, both of them laughing at the end of the short game. "That was fun." He then looked to the female next to him pushing a stray strand of fur behind her ear. 

Alaska blushed but it was hard to see under the dark scales she had. 

"Is what your aunt said true? About me being your...?" 

"My what?" 

Jake took a deep breath before letting his answer come out. "Your crush?" 

Alaska looked away and nodded as she played with her talons nervously. "I don't even know how she knows that. The only two I've told were my mom and Garnet. I'm sorry if this makes our friendship awkward now." 

"Who said I didn't like you back?" Alaska looked to Jake as he smiled. It wasn't his cocky smirk or anything, it was just a sweet smile that showed he was genuine with what he was saying. 

"Alaska, I've liked you for a while now. Just wish I had the guts to tell you sooner, especially if the Dark Dragon was after you." Alaska took his talon and gave a squeeze. 

"Jake, do you wanna go on a date? It doesn't have to be big or anything, just simple." Jake seemed to like this idea as he nuzzled her. "I'm taking that as a yes."

"It's a yes, Princess." 

"Princess? Last I checked I'm a dragon." Alaska was sarcastic in her joke. 

"Very funny, but we still have to tell our friends about you know." Jake was serious about that; you know telling Trixie and Spud everything. 

"Yeah, but I don't know if I should drag Rose into this. I don't know if she can handle gem and dragon stuff." Alaska was worried that her friend might not be able to handle being told dragons and aliens exist. 

"Well, let's just hope Trixie and Spud can handle it."