The Ski Trip

It was winter in the big apple. Right now, Alaska was with Rose in the park building a snowman, the two were throwing playful banter at each other. 

"Oh, he has your eyes." Rose teased the gem. 

"He's got your smile." Alaska smirked as she crossed her arms as she looked at the carrot nose. "But I have no idea where that nose came from." 

"I think we should get him some arms, Snowflake." The gem nodded and the two found some sticks to use. Alaska even sacrificed her hat and scarf to keep their snow man 'warm'. "There we go." 

The two were admiring their work until Rose got a page. "Sorry, Alaska, I have to go." 

Alaska nodded and understood. "It's ok, just let me know if everything's okay. With how rushed you sound it might be an emergency."  

Rose waved bye as she ran off. 

The next day at school everyone was excited to get on the bus to a ski lodge. Jake and Alaska most of all, since both seemed good at snowboarding. 

"To be honest it was good to spend some time with Rose, before she took off." Alaska made sure to avoid the snowballs other kids threw before moving with the line. 

Spud was carrying his snowboard. "Dudette, what's with you two and not spending much time together? I'm growing impatient with this." 

Trixie seemed to agree. "Yeah, how come whenever you two link up, one of you has to bounce off somewhere?" 

Jake seemed to understand Alaska's reason. "Alaska balances Gem stuff, magic stuff, and normal life. It's not easy." 

"Yeah, plus with how she acted with the pager, I think she had a family emergency. So, she probably has her own stuff to deal with." The gem had a point as she made sure her scarf was on right. 

"Snowflake, not to bust your bubble, but if you and Rose are friends, how come you two barely spend time together?" 

Alaska shrugged. "Like I said, she might have her own stuff to deal with." 

They all ducked as more snowballs went flying. "Chin up, dudette. Maybe you and Rose can hang out more after she deals with whatever she's doing. Or when Gem and Dragon season is over." 

Jake had to step in for that. "Spud, that's it. Dragon and Gem season is never gonna be over."

This made the gem smile at Spud. "Thanks, Spud, but Jake's right. And, hey, maybe we can get some hang out time in at the ski lodge. But I was thinking of telling her the truth." 

Trixie was surprised as they moved with the line again. "The truth?" 

Alaska nodded. "Yeah, the truth about the Gems, and the truth about me. I'm telling her I'm half-!" 

Trixie and Jake covered Alaska's mouth as they finally came up to the chaperone for the trip. Mr. Rotwood. 

"Ms. Universe, Mr. Long, I didn't know you'd be coming on the ski trip. What fun this weekend will be." 

Trixie smirked. "You have no idea." The four then ducked and their wacky teacher was his with snowballs by the students behind them. 

They took their seats on the bus, Trixie next to Spud and Alaska next to Jake. The former were seated behind the later, but it was nice none-the-less. 

Rotwood was going crazy about being a chaperone, and the four ignored it. 

"Looks like someone forgot to drink their chamomile tea." This made Alaska chuckle and turn to Trixie and Spud as Jake spoke. "It's cool, not even Rotwood is gonna ruin this weekend for us."