one

You're Y/N, the daughter of an influential businessman who owns most of the businesses in the city. However, you have a dark secret. You are an honorary member of the mafia because of your father. You don't do anything illegal, though one day you will inherit your father's secret empire. There is this group of boys who you have known since childhood, who go by the name of BTS. They tease you a lot because they think being part of the mafia means you can get away with anything. They've been harassing you since you were thirteen, and now you are wary whenever you go outside. One day, you decide to skip school because of what happened last night.

It was a horrible incident. You were in one of the apartments your father owned in the city, and you had woken up because you heard some noise. As you trudged downstairs, you saw a man in your kitchen. He wore an ugly green dress and was eating mayonnaise out of your fridge. He looked at you suspiciously as you glared back at him.

"Who are you?" you demanded.

"Hm? I'm just a random passerby", he replied with a smirk on his face.

"Can you please leave?" You asked. You were small and petite, so you couldn't physically fight him.

The man laughed and said, "Oh no, little girl. I am not going to go anywhere until I get my fill!"

Suddenly, the refrigerator door opened wide open. The man fell backward into it and got stuck inside, unable to move.

"What happened?" you yelled with fear.

"I wish I knew- it's like he won't listen to reason!" replied the man.

As you quickly rushed away, you could hear the man groaning from the fridge.

When you finally reached home, you found your father waiting for you.

"So, I see that sending BTS to save you worked", he said.

"Yes, that was very kind of them."

By now, you had realized that this was a test. Your father had planted a clinically insane man there to test your reaction, but it had gone too far.

"But you really should stay calm when someone like that talks to you", your father stated.

"But why did you have to do this?"

"The mafia is a rough place. I needed to send Harry Styles after you to make sure you were prepared for the real world. But you failed, and we had to send Jungkook to save you from him."

"So, Jungkook saved me?"

Your father nodded. "Well, it seems like you've learned your lesson. Now it's time for you to start acting more mature."

"Okay, Father."

You went upstairs to your bedroom. Sitting on your bed, you contemplated what happened. BTS worked for your father, so they couldn't bully you too much, but you always got the sense that they never liked you. You certainly didn't expect them to save you though. It was almost as if they secretly liked you. Turning red, you brushed the thought away.

Even though Jungkook saved you, something still wasn't right. Why did BTS care about you enough to risk their lives for you? The man was truly dangerous, after all. He might have killed everyone if things went too far. It made no sense. Then, you remembered what happened yesterday.

You were with BTS at your university. All of you were waiting for your father, so you decided to wait for him on campus. After a while, your father showed up, looking very tired.

"Sorry it took me so long", he said, sitting down on the bench you had claimed.

Your heart skipped a beat (because of fear) when you saw him.

He looked worn out and beaten up, half dead. Then, he said something that made no sense. "This job is dangerous. I feel as if I might leave the world soon. But I'm worried about what might happen to you, Y/N."

"Don't worry, Mr. Johnson", Jin, the oldest of the group said. "We will take care of her in case anything happens to you."

RM was the next one to speak up. "I'll be watching over her."

Jung Kook spoke up next. "And I'll protect her too."

Then, Suga added, "That goes for all of us."

Soon, all seven of the boys had raised their hands, reassuring your father that they would take care of you. You stared at the boys in shock. It was like they didn't seem to realize they were talking about you

"I-I..." you stammered, before realizing how stupid you must sound.

Before you could say anything else, they stood up.

"Who wants some burgers?" RM said. "I'm hungry!"

They clapped each other on the back, then waved goodbye to you and your father. "Goodbye, Mr. Johnson. See you, Y/N", j-hope called out.

You tried to mull over the events of yesterday. "Why did they promise to protect me?" you thought. But soon, sleep overtook you.