two

You're walking back from your campus after a long day. You're seventeen and have just started your first year of university. The reason you're here at seventeen is that you skipped a grade, graduating high school one year faster. You've decided to walk home with your best friend, Emily. She's always been supportive of you and is the only person you trust when it comes to boys.

"Emily, remember BTS?"

"Of course, I remember", Emily snorted."I see them nearly every day when I'm with you. What's up?"

"They promised to protect me forever!" you burst out.

"What? That's now how they usually act- they usually tease you a lot."

"I know- that's why I'm worried. How come they aren't acting like themselves?" you questioned.

"Worried about what? Your seven tall, handsome, rich childhood friends are acting like they're in love with you", Emily replied, wagging her eyebrows.

"But they promised to protect me forever, so-"

"So?"

"So why are they suddenly caring about me? I mean, they never even talk to me unless someone is bullying me or trying to hit on me-"

"They're very busy men", Emily replied. "And besides, defending you from bullies and perverts is their way of expressing the fact that they see you as a friend. Besides, can't they also be nice? Don't they take you to cool places for your birthday?"

"That's right- they are pretty good to me", you smiled. "But I still don't understand why they care so much about me."

"Maybe it's because they think you're beautiful", Emily teased.

"Emily!" you said. However, you blushed at the thought of BTS finding you beautiful.

"Let's get you back home."

You reached your house. It is larger than average, but not quite a mansion. Your father didn't want to stand out too much, as he is part of the mafia. Standing in front of the back door is a man wearing a cheap suit.

"What's your name?" the man asked.

"My name is Y/N. Who are you?" This didn't seem like a test your father prepared.

"Well, I'm just a regular guy like you. But I'm here to tell you that your life is about to change."

"Why?"

"Well, you might be wondering why I'm telling you this. But, I'm just here to pass the message along."

"What is it?"

"Stop trying to date BTS!" yelled the man.

You looked on in astonishment. "I know. I don't think you are either." The man winked at you. "But you will".

You stare at the man in disbelief.

"I'll explain everything later. Goodbye, Y/N."

He then disappeared into thin air, while you stared in shock.

After you said your goodbyes to Emily, you ran upstairs to your room. After sitting down at your desk, your cell phone started ringing.

"Y/N? Are you there?" a voice called out. It belonged to your father.

"I'm here."

"I don't have a lot of time- but I know you like BTS, and I understand why."

"Well, I've known them since we were babies. Our relationship is a bit awkward, but we're kind of like family in a way. At least I think so."

"Anyways. Don't worry about what the man told you."

"How do you know?"

"Now is not the time for questions, sweetie. The thing is, you're being played. If you need any help, come to me."

"Played? What do you mean? Played by BTS?"

"Is that why they're being so nice to me?"

"Yes, they want to win your heart. Remember what I said. Don't date them."

"Really?"

"Yes, now I have to go. Take care."

The call ended. You stared at the wall in disbelief. You then stand up and head for the shower. As you wash the soap off your skin, you wonder about the phone call. You think about what Dad said and how he had a strange tone to his voice. You weren't planning on dating BTS, but you were still disappointed that they were feigning kindness. You wondered why they were trying to do this, and how your father knew. You scrub your hair vigorously, thinking about everything. When you're done, you rinse off your body and towel dry yourself. Then, you head to your room to get ready for dinner.

You were now in the dining room. It seemed like your father wouldn't be home for dinner. The cook then informed you that the BTS would be there to eat with you. As you walk in, the BTS members were sitting around the table, waiting for you. "Hi, Y/N!", V said as he pushed his chair back to make room for you. You decided to face the problem head-on.

"Well, guys", you said with an awkward chuckle. "You guys can stop pretending to be so nice to me, you know. It's probably funny to see me frazzled like this, but this prank went a bit too far-"

"You are pretty cute like that", Jimin interrupted.

"Um... thanks?" you blushed.

"Wow- you're shy!" RM exclaimed.

"Crap", you thought. "I'm falling into their trap again". You decided it would be best to play along until you could figure out what was going on. " I'm sorry for getting angry at you guys for no reason. I don't even know why I was mad, to begin with."

"Don't worry about it", Jin said as he patted your hand.

After dinner, you and the boys headed to the living room.

"So, how was your day?", Suga asked.

"It was fine", you replied. "Nothing special."

"Interesting," Suga said. "Did you see the new movie about the boy band that was formed by the most popular girl in school?"

"No", you lied. "I haven't seen it yet."

"Well, we should go see it now", Jung Kook suggested.

"Sounds good", you agreed. "Where can we watch it?"

"There's a theatre near here," Jung Kook answered. "The tickets are free though since you're our guest."

"Are you sure you'll be allowed to take someone in for free?" you asked.

"The theatre is owned by a rival mafia family who owes us some money. So I'm sure it'll be okay with them."

"Okay", you said as you followed the boys downstairs.