The Good Samaritan

Art by : https://twitter.com/heir0rage

Dani swings from each flowering vine from tree to ruined platform. She plucks the purple and pink flowers from the vines as she swings. Once she has plucked enough flowers, she peacefully puts her head up towards the sunny sky with her grey eyes closed, enjoying the warm sunlight on her face.

'The sun feels nice today'. She thinks as she opens her eyes to look in front of her. She lands on what used to be a piece of a long forgotten temple. Dani is about to jump on another platform but in the distance she sees a tortoise having trouble reaching for some orange fruit. Dani frowns, feeling bad for the large turtle.

'Poor turtle. Maybe I can help it.' Dani floats above the turtle where the fruit is. "Here ya go sweet turtle." Dani says in a calm, almost nurturing tone. She plucks the fruit and slowly floats down feeding the turtle. The tortoise smiles and nods at her and eats happily. Dani giggles. One of the many species of Mobini's. It is said that long ago that Mobini's were the descendants of a fatal accident when the ancient echidna's of a place called Albion experimented with other Mobians... Though that legend seems a bit strange and almost disturbing since we eat some species of Mobini....

The tortoise nudges Dani's gloved hand for pets. Dani pets it and waves it goodbye. After some distance is made she finds a clear patch of grass. The scepter in her pocket starts to pulse in warning. She looks at it tiredly pulling it out of her pocket. "If you are pulsing as if to say to stop here and rest, I agree. I could use some food anyways." It doesn't stop pulsing. Dani ignores it and puts it back in her hoodie pocket. She is about to take out the blanket in her basket she has been carrying when she suddenly hears a tree branch snap. Dani looks behind her but sees nothing, only hearing the subtle sound of whirring.

"Huh?" She wonders outloud. The whirring stops in the distance.

After a few moments she continues while humming to herself. She feels like she is being watched but shrugs it aside. 'No one ever comes to this part of the jungle unless a few soldiers are with them... At least not citizen wise. It's probably just my imagination.' Dani thinks.

-------

Meanwhile in an aircraft, many miles away from Soleanna, a man with egg-like features sits patiently with a mischievous smirk looking at his computer monitors. He watches as a brown hedgehog hums to herself while setting up stuff from a picnic basket she was holding. He notices her distraction.

"Scan the hedgehog Egg Hunter." The robust man says in a calm commanding tone. The monitor changes scanning the size of clothes, weight, and height of the female hedgehog.

"CLOTHING SIZE VARIED. WEIGHT 27.2 KILOGRAMS. HEIGHT 3 FEET."

"Now scan for any unknown objects on her." The screen hones onto 3 areas.

"CLOTH PONYTAIL AND HIGH TOP SPORTS SHOES CONTAINS WHAT ARE CALLED ENHANCER CHIPS. ARTIFICIAL JEWELS WITH THE ABILITY TO ENHANCE ONE'S ABILITIES. HOWEVER THESE ONES SEEM TO HELP ONE CONTROL THEIR ABILITIES RATHER THAN ENHANCE THEM."

"What about the hoods pocket? Reveal it!" The man's voice becomes impatient. The monitor changes to what looks to be a dark vial like object with wings protruding its tip. An immense dark aura emits from the glasslike structure below the top.

"AN ARTIFACT KNOWN IN THE DATA BASE DATING BACK 10 YEARS AGO. THE SCEPTER OF DARKNESS-"

The man interrupts with a bellowed laugh. "Hohohoho! At last! I've found it!" The man presses a button in his seat. Before long, glowing red eyes peek behind the dark corners of the room revealing a blue hedgehog-like robot. The man turns his own chair around to face the arrogantly ready robot. "Metal Sonic, you know what to do." The man waves the robot off as the robot nods.