The Future.

Shadow and Rouge fall out of Mephiles' time sphere and land on their feet. Rouge is the first to assess their surroundings.

A broken down building stands behind them as she peers out with her icey blue eyes to strange realm of raging flames. Shadow notices the crumbling city as the flames consume more and more at a slow pace. Not a living being in sight besides himself and his colleague.

Broken glass from once a window is in front of them as they notice they are ontop of a room that has no cealing and is in complete shambles.

"What is this place?" Rouge hums as she peers at the horizon.

Shadow walks next to the white bat and looks at the burning horizon. "It seems we've been teleported to another location." The red streaked hedgehog observes. Though even with their surroundings, he cannot make up of where, and neither can Rouge for that matter.

"Well let's find out where we are." Rouge says, unsure how else to go about this new predicament. Shadow gives a simple nod in agreement.

As Rouge heads on ahead, Shadow is lost in his own thoughts. "Mephiles..." He mumbles. Who is he? With that question in mind, Shadow catches up to Rouge.

Rouge flies up to get a good view of the surroundings when something catches her attention. In the near distance a cliff collapses into the flames below, revealing a building in a better condition than most around the city. And convienently it was only a few buildings ahead. Rouge flies down and smiles slyly putting her hand on her hip.

"I found something interesting. It seems not everything here is in ruins after all. There." She points in the direction of where she saw the building.

"Very well. Let's get moving." Shadow says before running ahead towards the direction. Rouge flies in tow.

Shadow stops at the door of the building, glaring at the golden substance on the door. Rouge peers at it curiously.

"A hand print? Is this paint? It's very shiny~ I bet this color would look great in my room~Dont you agree?~" Rouge smiles slyly as she reaches out to touch it.

Shadow blocks her hand from reaching it with his arm. "Focus Rouge. The more we are distracted with our current surroundings, the less time we have on getting out of this damn place."

Rouge crosses her arms. "Well you're no fun."

Shadow ignores her and opens the door. A trail of that substance is seen reaching to an open door with light emiitting from it. The two agents make their way in carefully.

Rouge walks up to the source of the light. A working computer with monitors and panels take up the wall. Rouge starts working on hacking into the main panel on the computer.

Old newspapers stack as a small door is open to reveal a dusty storage unit. While Rouge does her thing, Shadow goes in and notices a empty chair. Small bits of rope is left on the floor as if it were withered.

Shadow takes a peice of rope and notices that the blood started at the door way. "Someone was once held here..." Shadow mutters. But who?

"I'm in." Rouge states. Shadow walks out leaving the rope on the ground where he picked it up from.

Now at her side Rouge continues. "I've pinpointed our location it's..." She presses a few buttons. Her eyes widen and her pink glossy lips open in a gasp. "No... That's not possible!"

Shadow reads the location on the screen. His crimson eyes also look in somewhat disbelief before he crosses his arms.

"We're still in the doctors base, but how can that be?" Rouge questions outloud.