Prologue- Mistakes

September 2009: After the Givenchy Fashion Show

Adriana's POV

My legs were aching after wearing those goddamn six inch heels for the whole night. I took off my black bob wig and threw it on the couch in my room. I sighed as I took a cotton pad and started wiping my make-up. The cotton pad didn't even touch my face when the door burst open revealing the Givenchy Show assistant, Ann-Sophie looking tired and sweaty. She was examining my face.

"Good you didn't wipe away your make-up, come with me," she said breathlessly. She must've ran all the way here, poor woman.

"What? Go where? My slot is finished. I'm not going to do anymore catwalking," I said stubbornly, edging away as Ann-Sophie crept closer so she can get a good angle to grab and drag me away.

"No no. It's not anymore catwalking I promise," she assured me which made me relax a little and listen to her better. "Your manager just wants you to go and meet someone."

"Who?"

"I don't know but she insisted that you come and meet her in the upstairs open patio."

"But why? What am I supposed to do?"

"Oh Jesus Adriana! Stop asking questions and come with me."

I reluctantly followed her up the dark lit stairs barefooted since I left my tower heels downstairs in my room. I didn't want to put my foot in them ever again.

A bright light greeted us as we stepped from the dark part of the roof to the open one. The breeze was light and you can hear the buzz of the cars and people from the streets below. I can see my manager, Beatriz standing with a well-built man with his back to us. They seemed to be in deep conversation.

Beatriz spotted me and smiled at me. Ann-Sophie left me to walk to them on my own and she was gobbled up by the dark part of the roof again. I took a deep breath as I continue walking to them. I was standing right next to Beatriz when the man turned to face me.

I gave a little gasp when I saw that Cristiano Ronaldo was standing right in front of me. I can see that Beatriz was smirking at me from the corner of my eye.

"Hey," he gave me a dazzling smile as he shook my limping hands in his.

"H-h-hey," I whimpered, my hands shaking violently at the side.

"Adriana, Cristiano is here because he asked me to let you two meet up," she explained, "because he wanted to tell you something. Go on Cristiano."

He smiled again,"I just wanted to say how amazing you were out there. I have never seen a model as professional...and beautiful as you on the catwalk before. I think you're going to see me at more of your shows, Adriana."

I was blushing like mad and words were too scared to come out. My whole family more or less worshipped this guy, especially now that he's just been transferred to Real Madrid. And it's surreal now that he's standing right in front of me.

"Oh er jeez thank you. This is such an honour coming from you."

"No Adriana. It's my honour to be able to look at you do what you do best. You're really special, you know that?"

And when he said that last bit, is when I think my heart stopped beating. My breaths were becoming strangely rapid, my mind was on overload on what to do or say and my nerves were about to burst from all the shaking.

"Thanks," I squeaked. I mentally slapped myself.

He turned to Beatriz, "Would you mind letting us talk in private." Beatriz nodded eagerly and ran off giggling like a school girl. I gulped. Now that Beatriz is gone, I'm going to humiliate myself even more in front of him.