Chapter 3

We strolled side by side to the nearby cafe in the hot afternoon sun of Los Angeles. At the start we didn't say much but I was hoping that when we sit down at the cafe that we would talk a lot.

The cafe was relatively empty but it was a very beautiful one too with lots of pink tropical flowers everywhere and effective white-crack walls. It looked like something straight out of Italy.

"Where do you want to sit?" He asked, scanning the cafe for a good space.

"How about outside? The weather's really nice," I suggested, pointing at a little wooden table with a colourful umbrella. He nodded in agreement and we sat down at it, both of us realising that this was probably the best seat in the whole cafe.

"So how are you?" He asked, smiling again.

"I'm good I guess. How's life when you're Captain America?"

He chuckled,"Exciting. Definitely. Hours are long at filming but it's fun. How's modelling?"

"Boring." He stared at me as if I was crazy. "Chris I'm kidding! It's amazing but it does get quite competitive when you're surrounded by gorgeous ladies all the time even if we're all friends."

"That's surprising."

"Yeah you wouldn't think it, but I guess you would since you seem so obsessed with watching the VS show."

He sighed in exasperation, "Oh my god! It's not illegal for a guy to watch it, right?"

"Not unless you're actually going to buy the stock...which I'm hoping you don't."

He burst out laughing, his eyes sparkling even more than usual in the bright sunlight, "I didn't know models could be this funny."

I pretended to be offended, dramatically gasping for effect, "Just because we have to look serious on the catwalk, that doesn't mean we're not funny."

He was laughing so hard now that I thought he was going to choke. The joke wasn't even that funny.

"Are you...okay?" I asked him, grabbing onto his arm, hoping that would calm him down. He nodded as he wiped a tear from his eye.

"I'm ok but as I said I didn't think that models were that funny," he giggled a cute little laugh. I nudged him playfully just as a short blonde waitress approached us with her notebook.

"What can I get you guys?" She asked cheerfully.

"Can I have Budweiser beer please," he requested and I couldn't help but smirk at him.

She turned to me, waiting for my reply, "Just some cheesy fries please."

The waitress smiled again before tottering off with our orders.

"A beer at 1 in the afternoon seriously?" I grinned at Chris' odd choice of beverage.

"What? Come on it's boiling here," he did a fan gesture with his hand. I shook my head at him, laughing.

"You do realise that a beer actually makes you hotter and more thirsty?" I told him.

"What are you talking about? I thought I already was hot," he smirked flirtingly at me. I meant that he was going to be hotter due to the heat not the other meaning, but I know he's joking so I laughed anyway.

"You didn't disagree," he smiled cockily. I stuck my tongue out at him. I was having such a great time with Chris that I didn't realise that people were taking sneaky pictures of us together and when these get on the internet, a whole hoard of paparazzi will come and bombard us with their camera and their forcing questions.