Chapter 13

"Baby go upstairs and play while Chris and I talk," I gently usher Rafael upstairs.

He runs upstairs, while Chris and I are left to awkwardly stare at each other.

"What the hell are you doing in my house without my permission?" I snap, crossing my arms.

"I was just visiting Rafael. Is that such a crime?"

"What at 11pm at night?"

He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Please can we talk about this Adriana? I don't want to lose you."

I swallowed hard as I gestured to the couch. He briskly sat down as I sat down as far away from him as possible on another couch.

"OK so just answer this one question for me please. What do you see in that guy?"

I stare into the open for long time, trying to accumulate a persuasive answer.

"He's not manipulative like you and he..."

"Wait hold on. You think I'm manipulative?" He screeched, pointing at himself.

"Weren't you the one who told Cristiano not to go anywhere near me?"

Chris suddenly looked nervous, "Well I only said that because I care about you."

"No you don't. You only said that to him because you're jealous and you think he has one on you just because he's my child's father. Am I right?"

Chris looked more and more flustered and mumbled an excuse to leave before rushing out of the door.

I let out a huge sigh of relief and slumped back on the couch.

"Rafael come down!" I called up the stairs.

He rushed down the stairs so quickly that he nearly tumbled over his own feet. I smiled to myself as I picked him up and placed him on my lap.

"Tonight will be all about me and my little man," I said as I kissed him. "What do you want to do?"

"I want to watch Spongebob," he grinned as he grabbed the remote and flicked on the TV to Nickelodeon.

Meanwhile after a few minutes into the show I texted Maria to see where she went and it turned out that Chris told her to go and that he can take care of Rafael, which made my blood boil. What makes him think he's even remotely suitable to take care of Rafael on his own accord. I scoffed to myself and wrapped my arms around Rafael tighter to comfort me.

The more I looked at Rafael the more he reminded me of his father, especially that same caramel in his eyes.

I wanted to talk to Cristiano so badly but I didn't want to look desperate which I know is very childish but I'm so used to him always making the first moves.

Coincidently as soon as I was about to shut off my phone, I received a message from him.

C- I miss you so much Adri

A- wow already??

C- How can I not? Come to Madrid now please :D

A- I wish :( Guess what just happened tho...

C- what???

A- Chris just came to my house like a lunatic and kicked out the maid so that he can 'play with Rafael' but then he wanted to talk and I completely owned that conversation. He practically ran out of the house ahahah

C- so you took my advice and see how well that worked out? Let's trend it come on #theronaldoeffect

A- oh dear... anyway me and Rafael are currently watching spongebob which is so interesting (sarcasm)