Chapter 7

The next few weeks until our trip were so hectic that it all felt like a blur.

I declined any long-term modelling gigs because I didn't want it to clash with the trip at all. It had to be perfect. Just Chris and I on our own in this beautiful city in Europe. It all sounds so amazing or better yet- too good to be true.

Chris told me that he'll be able to finish filming two weeks before the trip, which was great news.

Maria had a vacation to Mexico for two weeks but she came back in time to take care of Rafael before our trip. I'm thankful that Raf likes Maria, otherwise I wouldn't have known who or where to take him to.

Chris and I kept visiting each other every single day to go over the details and the packing. He insisted that I bring Rafael over every day as well but I kept telling him that he's in nursery and that he can't see him except for in the weekends which made Chris really upset and it hurt me that he was upset, so whenever Rafael came back from nursery, I would take him to Chris' to play with him and Chris was always so thankful to me for doing that which made me really happy.

One day while we were both sat on the floor of his room, me helping him pack his bag while he sat eating tons of chocolate on the bed, he asked me "Adriana you haven't told me who the nominees are for this award you are presenting."

"You won't even know who they are but James Rodriguez, Neymar and Miroslav Klose."

He sprung up from the bed in shock, "Of course I know Neymar and Klose, but I'm not sure who James is. Even his name is said weirdly."

"Well I think it's cute and so is he. He's considered the new 'Ronaldinho' by some. Even if he isn't Brazilian."

"First of all, I'm right here and second of all I just realised something. Since you know the nominees that means you'll also know who wins!"

I sighed," Yes, I do but I'm not telling you, obviously."

"Why not? I am your boyfriend after all."

"Yeah but I'd rather not get sued by Fifa just because my boyfriend blurted some important information out to everyone."

"What are you suggesting?"

"Nothing, nothing. Just go back to eating your chocolate."

He nodded cheerily and slumped back on his bed.

••••••••••••••••••

It was now the day of the trip and Chris and I have just landed in Zurich in the private jet that Fifa had so kindly provided for us. Chris had been crying the whole time because he misses Rafael. It's not as if he's going to war or anything- I'm Raf's mother and even I cried less than Chris.

"Chris, seriously. We're only here for a few days. So stop crying and make the most of it and plus if Raf understood anything he would want you to be happy with his mother right now and not sobbing like an idiot."

"Yeah yeah you're right," he sniffed. We waited while the plane allowed us to fully exit. Thankfully there was a car waiting for us in the back car park of the airport so that it can take us to the hotel straightaway without us having to go into the airport and get huge of crowds of people swarming us.

As we whizzed past Zurich in our car, Chris and I got more and more excited as we saw all the beautiful historic buildings, the cobbled streets and the gorgeous natural scenery.

"It looks like such an amazing city," I breathed in excitement as I stared up at a tall Church that was decorated in bright mosaics through my car window. Chris nodded in agreement as our heads kept swerving this way and that so that we can look at all the sights on either side of the window.

When we reached our hotel, we were even more astounded by how amazing it was. Again, FIFA were ever so kind to let us stay in a Four Seasons for the whole of our trip. In the middle of the room there was a huge king size bed with roses in the centre of it. There was an en suite bathroom of course and tons of other furniture around the massive room.

"Could this trip get any better?" Chris commented delightedly as he set our bags down near the door.

"Yeah I really don't think so."

"Look at the view!" He exclaimed as he pressed his face and palms against the ceiling-to-floor windows that overlooked the beautiful afternoon view of Zurich. I stood by him and examined the view as well.

"Do you want to do something today?" He asked as before leaving the window and crashing on the bed, ruining the intricate rose arrangement.

"Yeah, let's go explore the city for a bit."

He nodded as we grabbed our stuff and headed back out again.

The air was thick and cold but it was starting to become night slowly.

We went to a small cafe and ordered some coffee and then went to a really nice park. We just talked the whole time and it was the only time that we had such a private moment in such a long time in our relationship.

After a few more hours cruising around, we were about to go back to the hotel since it was 9 at night and I had to get up early the next day so that I can do the practice at the ceremony venue.

When we returned home, I didn't realise how tired I was. Chris went into the bathroom to brush his teeth while I lay on the bed waiting for him to finish. I was about to drift off when Chris suddenly asked,

"Adriana, who's Rafael's father?"