Chapter 5: Honestly i think you've lost your mind

RAYA'S POV:

"What are you doing home so late?" Mom asks when i walk into the house after Hunter dropped me off.

  "It's not that much later," I reply.

"Raya... You are an hour late," she replies and i roll my eyes.

  "Mom, it's not that big of a deal. My car broke down so i had to wait around for someone to help me," I say.

"Who helped you out?"Mom asks.

 "Why does it matter?" I ask.

"Raya! I am just tryingg to get information out of you, and it's like pulling teeth,"

"Fine, my car broke down, so i got out and looked under the hood and i couldn't find what was wrong with it so this guy named Hunter happened to be coming along the road at that time and gave me a ride home," I explain.

   "Wait... Hunter Johnson?" She asks and i sigh.

"Yes mom,"

  "But i thought you hated him,"

"I do"

"And you still allowed him to give you a ride hom?"

  "Mom! It was pouring rain outside, i wasn't going to walk ten miles home," I complain and Mom rolls her eyes.

"It was not ten miles,"

  "Semantics,"

"Well, i guess it's yourr life. There are leftovers in the fridge, but itt's nothing special,"

   "Where is Bryce?" I ask her and she closes her eyes.

"In his room. He was upset with me for asking why he had a black eye,"

  "So, i assume he got in a fight?" I ask and she shrugs.

"He yelled and then stormed into his room and has not come out,"

 "That little..." I begin but Mom shakes her head at me.

"don't ccall your brother names,"

"Why not? He deserves it!" I snap..

  "Raya, don't start this right now, ok?"

"Fine, but i am going to talk to him about this," I say and storm off to Bryce's room. I knock on the door and i hear him mutter something, but i can't quite catch what it is.

   "Go away, Mom,"

"It's not mmom," I snap and open the doorr anyway. The good and bad thing about being poor from my mom's divorce is that the doors don't have locks. Well, we didn't have locks when my dad was still living here, but we surely can't afford to buy them now.

   "Hey! Get out,"

"Not until you apologize to Mom! She did not deserve to be yelled at by you just because you had a bad day and got in a fight with someone,"

   "She was trying to pry into my personal life," Bryce snaps.

"She was concerned because you have a black eye, you idiot," I snap back and he glares at me.

   "Well, i'm not apologizing and i'm not going to tell you or anyone else what happened," he says and plops back down on the bed.

 "I could care less what happened,"

   "Some sister you are,"

"Well, i would care and i would try to help you, but not if you are going to treat Mom like this," I explain bitterly and he rolls his eyes.