Chapter 34: only know you love her when you let her go

RAYA'S POV:

"Baby girl, are you going to get out of bed?"

    I peak my eyes open and look at my digital clock. 10:04 A.M. It's been three days since Hunter and I broke up. Since then I have made a hole in my wall by punching it, kicked some guy in the privates for trying to hook up with me, and crashed my car. 

   "No," I mutter and Mom sighs.

"Honey, you haven't left your room for two days,"

 Oh, and did I mention that I created all that damage in less than twenty four hours? But my mom has been very forgiving about all of it, even though she shouldn't have been.

  "Hunter called," Mom says quietly and I squeeze my eyes shut. Even the sound of his name hurts.

"I don't care," I lie.

 "Pumpkin..."

"Don't patronize me, mom," I say quickly before sitting up in bed and wrapping the blankets around my shoulders.

    "I think you should talk to the poor boy," Mom suggests and I glare at her.

"Poor boy? Whose side are you on?" I snap and she rolls her eyes at me.

  "Raya! Enough of this 'woe is me' attitude! Yes, he was wrong and he made a mistake, but don't we all?"

     "I really don't want to talk about this right now," I say.

"You're going to have to talk about it eventually,"

   "Maybe," is all I say before walking past her, with the blanket wrapped around me, and into the living room.

  Bryce is sprawled out on the couch, flipping through the channels on the T.V. He looks up at me as I walk into the room and his eyes go wide before he starts to smirk and then laugh.

  "What?" I ask defensively.

"You look terrible! That's what you get for not leaving your bed for two days," he teases and I roll my eyes. "The sad thing is that you think I'm joking," he continues. He grabs his phone and tosses it in my direction. I look into the camera on his phone and almost don't recognize myself.

     "Oh my freaking....."

"Yeah, scary right?" Bryce says.

  I have black makeup caked on my eyelids and brows, deep blue circles hang below my eyes, my eyes are bloodshot, and my hair is sticking out in all places.  I run my hand through my hair and wince as pain flashes through my fist. I look down at my hand and notice the bruises framing my knuckles and the dry blood caked on them.

    "That, my dear sister, is from so gracefully punching a hole in your wall," Bryce says and I rub my hand carefully.

      "You will also notice that you have quite a few scratches and bruises everywhere else from crashing your car, with my inside it with you I might add," he continues and glances at me from the corner of his eye.

      "Bryce, don't start in on your sister,"

But Ma," he begins to protest.

    "Bryce! I mean it,"

"Fun-sucker!" He whispers and I grin.

    "Grandpa, pass the milk!"

"Earthquake!!!!" Bryce screams and we both start laughing.

   "What is wrong with the two of you?" Mom jokes and I grin, it feels good.

"Come on, mom, you know you love that movie," Bryce says and Mom looks even more confused.

    "What movie?" She asks.

"Freaky Friday," I say in a duh tone.

   "That movie was stupid," she says and my mouth drops as Bryce gasps in shock.

"Mother! That movie is the best movie on the planet!" I claim and Bryce nods in agreement.

     "Dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow!" Bryce snaps and Mom looks even more confused.

"Mulan!" I shout and start laughing.

   "Jeez, you two," Mom says before walking away.

Someone knocks on the door and while I am laughing, I open the door and my smile dies immediately.

   "Raya..."

"Don't. Don't say my name," I snap at Hunter. He looks down at his feet and sighs.

   "I need... I want... Raya, please just hear me out,"

"You've done enough already," I snap and Hunter clenches his fists.

   He looks up into my eyes and then I see his eyes roam over my body and wince as he takes in my bruises and scrapes.

 "What happened?" He asks.

   "None of your business," I say and his eyes flash with pain.

"It looks like you got hit by a bus," he says worriedly.

   "Well, it's not your problem anymore," I say quietly.

"Whose at the door?" Bryce asks as he walks over. He stops and glares at Hunter as soon as he sees him and I wait for everything to get dramatic.

     "Bryce," Hunter says calmly and for the first time I notice a greenish yellow bruise on his jaw.

"What happened to your face?" I blurt out before I mentally slap myself.

    "Nothing," Hunter mutters.

"Leave," Bryce snaps and I sigh.

   "Bryce, I have it under control," I say quietly and Bryce glares one more time at Hunter before disappearing inside the house. I walk outside and close the door behind me.

 "I know we are going to have to talk at some point, but right now I'm not ready," I say honestly and Hunter nods his head slowly.

   "I understand that, but Raya, I love you," he says and I close my eyes briefly.

"I'll talk to you when I'm ready," I say before walking back inside.

   "Raya, I'll never stop loving you," he says before I close the door on him.

THANKS FOR READING, SORRY IT TOOK ME SO FREAKING LONG, I WAS HAVING WRITERS BLOCK AND VOLLEYBALL WAS TAKING UP A LOT OF MY SCHEDULE. BUT THE SONG I CHOSE FOR THIS CHAPTER WAS "LET HER GO" BY TYLER WARD, IT IS AN AMAZING SONG AND YOU ALL SHOULD LISTEN TO WHILE READING THIS CHAPTER OR AFTER OR WHATEVER.

THANKS LOVELIES!

STAY BEAUTIUFL!

-BECKA

p.S thanks for being patient with me :)