Chapter 42: You jump, I jump

HUNTER'S POV:

After helping Raya scrape off the bird crap on the building, which just let me tell you there was a ton, I help her put things back where they are supposed to be. We put the ladder back in the outside sheds that are right by the football field, and as we are walking back to the parking lot, I grab her hand in mine and she tries to hide a smile from me. 

   "What?" I ask her curiously and she just shakes her head shyly. I pull her to a stop and lean down to hwere I am almost kissing her. She catches her breath and closes her eyes briefly, waiting for me to kiss her. When she realizes I'm not going to kiss her, her eyes pop open and she stares at me in confusion. 

     "What?" She asks and I smirk at her. 

"I asked you first," I reply childishly. She glowers at me and tries to walk away, but I grab her around the waist and pull her against my chest. "I don't think so, gorgeous, tell me what had you smiling all goofy like."

     "I was just smiling at how sweet you are and how much I love you," she says and I grin. 

"Let's go for a drive," I say and she laughs at my suddenness. 

     "Um, okay? Where did that even come from?" She asks. 

"Because today is the perfect day for a long drive with the sunroof open," I reply and her eyes brighten. She loves that sunroof, sometimes I swear more than she loves me. 

  "Okay!" She says. "Race you!" She continues and takes off running towards my car. I laugh and sprint after her, knowing she doens't stand a chance at beating me. I pass her easily and am leaning up against my car when she finally catches up. 

   "Jeez, took you long enough, slow poke," I tease and she sticks her tongue out and hopes into the passenger seat. 

"Let's go, Hunt!" She says and I slide into the driver's side and start the car. I push the button to put the sunroof back and she automatically sticks her out of it and a smile lights up her face. 

   I drive out of town and find a backroad and shift gears. She pops off her seatbelt, climbs up on her seat and sticks the upper half of her body out the sunroof. 

"Faster!" She yells to me and I grin while pushing the gas down farther and shifting gears again. She screams in delight and sticks her arms out and tilts her head back. Her blond hair is flowing in the wind and her shirt rode up to show off her tanned stomach and she has a look of pure happiness on her face. 

     When we finally get to the bridge that crosses over the river, Raya's hair is everywhere and she can't stop smiling. I pull her in close to me and we walk to the bridge. 

She leans over the railing and stares at the water swirling below. The air is getting cold and I stare at her in confusion as she strips off the top layer of her shirt and her shoes and socks, leaving her in an undershirt and jeans. She looks at me and grins. 

   "You coming?" She asks and I raise my eyebrows. 

"Coming where?" I ask back and she moves her eyes to the river. 

"Over the bridge? As in jumping?" I say in shock and she nods. She never ceases to amaze me. "Are you sure? That doesn't seem safe". 

   "I'm sure! I'm going with or without you," she says and sticks her tongue out. I give he a pouty look but she just shakes her head. "I want to try it just once. I've never done it and people say it's really exhilerating," she continues and I sigh. 

   "Raya... You are going to get us killed," I mumble and she just laughs and shakes her head. 

"We'll be fine. Do you trust me?" She asks and it's weird having her reassure me of something instead of the other way around. 

    I give her one last look before pulling my shirt over my head and kicking off my shoes and socks. "If we die, I'm going to kill you," 

"I'm not too worried," she replies and grabs my hand in hers before stepping over the guard rail and waiting for me to follow. I carefully step over and the only thing in the way of us and the drop to the river is an extremely small ledge like thing that only fits half of my feet. 

     "You ready?" She asks and I grin. 

"You jump, I jump," I say and with that we leap off. 

RAYA'S POV:

You jump, I jump," he replies to my question and with that we jump off the bridge and plummet towards the water. I let out a scream and Hunter laughs right before we hit the water. For a second all I can see is bubbles everywhere before I break the surface again and Hunter is nowhere in sight. 

    "Hunter?" I call and look around and start to panic. "Hunter!" I scream and duck back under the water looking for him. I open my eyes under the water and search for him through the swirling blue water. All of a sudden hands wrap around my waist and pull me back to the surface. I spin around and see Hunter treading water beside me, grinning. Of all the nerve! Grinning! 

   "Hunter! What the hell?! I thought you were drowning!" I yell at him and splash water in his face. 

"I was just messing with you, love," he says and lays his head on top of mine and kisses my hair. 

    "You are such a jerk," I mumble even though all the anger has drained out of me. 

"I know, but you love it," 

"No," 

"Oh come on, baby, you were the one who made me jump off that stupid thing anyway," he replies and I grin. 

  "I know, but I was going to say that I don't love you being a jerk, I love you. There is a difference," I answer and he kisses me before we swim back to shore. 

   "That was fun," he says and I shove him sideways and he retaliates right back. 

"You know, I was afraid of falling in love with you," he says later as we are sitting on the bridge, dangling our feet over it. 

     "Are you still afriad?" I ask him and he grins. 

"No, because I know you fell for me too," 

  "You fall, I fall," I reply and he kisses me softly. 

I love him, I really do. And I know people are going to tell us that we might not make it because we are just kids, but this love is way more than puppy love and we have made it past obsticles we never should have had to and it brought us closer in the end. I believe that we will make it forever, because that's how much I love him. But if by chance we don't, no one will have my heart the way he does. He fell for me and soon after I fell for him too, and nothing can change that. 

THE END..............

THE END.. I KNOW, IT'S OVER, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT EITHER. AND THE ENDING MAY HAVE SEEMED RUSHED, BUT I KNEW THIS WAS HOW I WAS GOING TO END IT FOR A LONG TIME. THANK YOU GUYS, FOR SUPPORTING ME AND THIS STORY. THE SONG I CHOSE FOR THIS CHAPTER WAS FOREVER AND ALWAYS BY PARACHUTE. I KNOW THIS STORY DOESN'T HAVE DEATH, BUT THE CHORUS WAS PRETTY MUCH PERFECT FOR THE CHAPTER. SO IF YOU GET A CHANCE, LISTEN TO IT BECASUE IT'S GREAT. THANK YOU AGAIN. YOU GUYS MADE WRITING THIS WORTH IT. AND I KNOW RAYA DIDN'T RESOLVE HER FATHER PROBLEMS, BUT I WAS TRYING TO BE REALISTIC BECAUSE NOT EVERYTHING WORKS OUT THE WAY WE WANT IT. 

THANK YOU LOVELIES!

STAY BEAUTIFUL!

-becka