Authors Note+Characters & More

Hi, besties!

Hi, besties!

I hope you all are so well! Welcome to the FIRST official Penn State University Series Novella! I am beyond excited for you guys to read these! I hope these novellas don't disappoint, and I hope you enjoy them so much!

Firstly before you start reading I wanted to say a few things!

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Jayla, Alexis, and Jaslyn– without you guys this book would not be happening. These three wonderful ladies are my beta readers and they have been with me every step of the way so far and continue to be. I appreciate every single comment they have left, every correction they have given me, and even just giving me a moment of their day. I really appreciate them.

Next, I am white and I know that when white authors write books with diversity there tend to be stereotypes attached to those diverse characters I can assure you guys that I have taken every step possible to make sure that these diverse main characters are able to deliver a damn good book without the stereotypes, as they fucking should. Monty is an African American male who is a huge lover. Blaire is a sassy Korean girly pop who loves to hate people.

Through my beta-readers, I have been given suggestions on reading so I could research and really deep dive into my characters because as most of you know, so far I have only written characters that I knew in my personal life.

I'm going to list here all of the books, peer-reviewed journals, and more that I have read in order to make sure that I gave this book my 110% + more when deciding to write with diverse main characters. Please, if there are any more articles, books, or anything at all please comment here or message me I am always more than willing to inform and educate myself and others.

I really hope you all enjoy this book, I have worked thoroughly through the plot and made sure each character had depth even though this is a novella. I am expecting it to be 40-45 chapters long!

Here is the list of trigger warnings (please do not read this book if you are below the age of 18)

Sexual Content

Swearing

Toxic parenting

Talks of death

Violence

If there are any more that needed to be added to the list I will update them and if there are any concerns about trigger warnings please please please let me know!!!

Books I have read to prepare me for this:

We're Going To Need More Wine & You Got Anything Stronger? By Gabrielle Union

The Mamba Mentality by Kobe Bryant

Lead From The Outside By Stacey Abrams

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas