{𝐎𝐧𝐞} 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐭𝐨𝐧

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟʟ-ᴛᴏɴ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ꜱᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ʏᴇᴀʀ...

        𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 ran her hand over the sweatshirt

     𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 ran her hand over the sweatshirt. The gray soft material under her hand. The bolded red lettering reading Welton on it. It didn't smell of his light cologne, clean shampoo, and even the faint hint of smoke, clean sheets or books anymore, and it hadn't for a while. And oh, how Evan missed the light clean scent.

"Evangeline!" A voice called up the stairs loudly.

"Yes?" The girl called, quickly stuffing the hoodie into her suitcase. The loud footsteps trudged up her stairs and her back straightened to face the doorway in which her father appeared.

"We're to be leaving quite soon. Why aren't you dressed and ready yet? You're not to make us late again, Evangeline." The girl's father spoke sternly.

"Yes, sir." Evan said, almost sarcastically. "I'll be down in under ten." Her father curtly nodded and turned heel, walking back down the stairs.

Evan finished packing her bags and quickly got dressed into her Welton uniform. As much as she hated some of the boring, drawling teachers, she felt a sense of excitement, she'd soon be with her closest friends again.

Evan rushed down the stairs, bags in hand, uniform ready, with of course, the first few buttons of the shirt undone just how she liked it. Her mother, looking prim and proper, rushed over to her only daughter.

"There. Now you look lovely." Her mother smiled, smoothing out her daughter's blazer and pining her hair back with a ribbon in a half up half down style. Evan smiled politely.

"Thank you." Evan said with a small smile.

"Now, darling, this year, it must be different." Evangeline's mother spoke. "Angeline, you must behave as we've brought you up." Her mother spoke, strictly, and calling her by one of her nicknames.

"Must we remind you how lucky you are to be attending Welton?" Her father spoke up. Evan swallowed hard and lifted her chin up.

"No father. I'm aware." Evan nodded.

"And you damn well must be grateful." Her father spoke harshly. Evan almost rolled her eyes but contained her strong urge to make some snarky remark.

"I'm very grateful." She said simply. With that, she picked up her trunk, walking out to the car to load up her bags.

----///----

It was if the old school had been waiting for Evangeline to arrive. The fall colors bloomed in the trees and the cool air and warm sun shone down on the girl's skin as she breathed in the clean autumn air. She was back to Welton. Back to her friends.