{𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫} 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐏𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐒𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇʏ ɢᴏ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴏᴅꜱ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴅᴇʟɪʙᴇʀᴀᴛᴇʟʏ...

𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 fiddled with her rings. She sat at the dinner table in between Todd and Cameron, across from Charlie, surrounded by her friends. She was mapping it out in her head, all her assignments, all her homework to do.

She knew she couldn't fall behind in school because she couldn't risk being pulled from Welton. It was the place where all her best friends were and as much as she despised the workload, she wasn't sure she could bare switching schools again.

She hadn't acted up lately either. As much as she missed the little jokes and pranks, she, Charlie, and occasionally Neil would pull on classmates and teachers, she also missed the thrill of it all, but knew she had to be careful as to not be expelled from another school. Again.

She would have loved to tell of teachers again, sneak out, sneak in drinks, tell teachers and students she wasn't fond of where they could put it, and wreak havoc a bit. But she had to learn a time to be her daring self, and a time to be safe.

Her mindset was almost always that it couldn't get much worse with her parents. Their relationship was already damaged, and she knew she was already the family disappointment, even if she was their only child. But one thing could truly get worse, that thing being expulsion from Welton. Welton where the best people in her life were.

"Hey?" A voice called Evan back to reality, pulling her from the ocean of stress and thoughts.

"Sorry?" spoke Evan.

"I was asking if you were alright?" Neil asked, looking at his best friend with concern.

"Oh, yeah. I'm alright, just thinking over my homework. It'll probably take way longer than I want." Evan shrugged.

"Don't worry, I'll help you later tonight." Neil smiled. Evan chuckled and grinned at the boy.

"It's a lot of trig, y'know." Evan raised an eyebrow.

"Oh." said Neil. "Well in that case, Meeks can help you. I'll stand by for emotional support." he chuckled.

"Well, thanks anyways." Evan chuckled. "What've you got there?" She asked, seeing what looked to be an old yearbook in his hands.

"Oh yeah. Hey, check this out, I found Keating's old senior annual in the library." Neil said, calling the attention of the rest of the group. The passed around the book, and Evan chuckled at the old photo.

"John Charles Keating 'Keats'. Captain of the soccer team. Editor of the school annual, Cambridge bound, Thigh man, and the Dead Poets Society." Evan read aloud. "Man most likely to do anything" She chuckled.

"Mr. K was a hell raiser." Charlie grinned, causing Evan's lips to turn up into a smile, just seeing Charlie's contagious grin.

"What's the Dead Poets Society?" wondered Evan out loud.