『Chp.0 1』

₊˚J A M E S' S   P O V ₊˚
8.12am
14th September, 2024

      I climbed into Lucas' car and angrily closed his car door earning a 'dude' from him. "Drive the hell away from here" I just muttered, not interested in making small talk. "Well, hello to you too. How do you do?" He stopped when I glared in his direction.
         "Okay, changing the topic, did you hear what happened yesterday night?" He continued when I shaked my head. " A student from our high school was murdered and just take a guess who, I promise you will be scared when you hear his name." He stopped his statement when he had to park the car in our school parking lot. we got out of his car and started our way to school gate.
        "I think it's someone important, because the whole school looks numb, people are whispering left and right and there was no car parked in 'famous' parking spot." I listed all the clear clues and the only people who seem kind of happy were the group who students who hated the popular students.
        "I swear I sometimes forget that you are some kind of detective." He shakes his head and gives the answer which genuinely shaked the hell out of me "Aidan Cooper?" My loud question resulted a sob from a random fangirl of his. "Aidan Cooper? No way man, seriously?" He just nodded giving me a second to understand. "Holy shit, how though?" I asked him as we reached our lockers. We had our lockers besides each other from the first year and this is our last year.
       "Look, nobody knows but I got a secret for you. I have a friend who apparently knows the creator of 'The Eastwood Highest' and he says that Aidan was probably murdered, brutally."
        I just nodded along his rants about 'The Eastwood Highest'. That is not the official website for our high school, it is instead a student-made app to share all personal information and dirty secrets that are not supposed to go out. Nobody knows  who has created and how has it been allowed. But all they know is it gives us juicy story once every week.
       Reaching my English class, I bid Lucas bye and entered the class with almost to not a minute to spare. I took the third seat in second row which means it is the exact middle of my classroom. The bell rang just as the most popular and, now the topic of every gossip, entered the room. Just as expected every one broke into whispers. She was Emma Cooper, the twin sister of newly murdered Aidan Cooper.
       She sat right in front of Andrea who gasped softly and touched her as of she was a fairy. Emma quickly slapped her hand and glared her till Andrea turned her gaze towards the window, which showed our outer grounds. "So ..... did everyone completed their homework.?" The teacher asked very awkwardly showing she knows about the news.

   ‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

English class couldn't have gotten more boring than it already was. I watched as Emma left the room and went the exact opposite direction making my head to follow her while walking backwards. It caused me to collide with a girl. I looked down at my red-headed friend. "Sorry 'bout that Rors. How are you?" I asked as I collect her books fallen down. I tried to sneak a peek at Emma but she turned around the corner towards her next class. "Earth to James?" I quickly looked at her in question as she gave me a knowing look. "I'm sorry Rors, continue what you were saying." I pushed her to the opposite leading to the staircase. "I don't understand why are you still smitten over her. Like isn't her brother dead?" I gave her a look and said "Just died, Rory, just died."
She raised her hands in surrender and muttered a small sorry. "Anyways I will see you after school. Remember you are coming with us." I said distracted as I caught Lucas' wild blond hair amongst other black hair. I shouted his name and signed him to wait. I came to halt beside him and waited for a second whilst the students were getting cleared in the hallway. "Do you know who the creator of the 'Eastwood Highest' is, right?" On my question Lucas turned beetroot and rapidly shaked his head. "I don't know her, why do you ask. Trust me if I knew I would have already told you. And anyways I know someone who know her not me trust me bro, I promised I won't tell-" I stopped his rambling and got some relief when he didn't realised his mistake. "Okay, okay. I promise I won't ask again. Let's just go to class, alright?" He nodded at my promise, already feeling a bit better.
I let him go ahead as I remind him of Rory come with us after school. He groaned at my reminder and let out a deep sigh as he muttered something around the lines  "You always bring her with you, everybody thinks you guys are together or something." That earned him a big whack at the back of his head.
It's a her.

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

Hello! It's me, hi.
This chapter is quite short and boring, trust me I know. I am trying everything to get the plot together and try to make it sensible. Bare with me. Thank you <3
If you like this story go ahead and like/comment so I would be motivated. I will also try and make a playlist for the book.
If you have any problem or any correction please say me politely to correct it.
-F <3