Love always wins.

A/N:- little something different. Still a Marvey oneshot. So this is an AU where Mike and Rachel are married. And Rachel gets pregnant but unfortunately is not able to give birth. And then after a couple of years, she gets pregnant again and now gives birth to a baby boy. It's Mike's birthday, so Harvey and Mike have a boys night and the rest is history. Enjoy!!

----TRIGGER WARNING----

Mike was content. He was standing in front of hos mirror, tying his skinny tie, when all of a sudden a voice came out from behind him, "I love you, Mike. "

Mike smiled and Rachel came forward and hugged his side. Mike hugged back. "I know. I love you too. "

"Is it really going to take the whole day for you and Harvey to do your thing? I don't want us to be away from you on your birthday.

Mike chuckled. " It's okay, besides, I already have the party you and Rowan are going to throw for me this weekend."

"I guess. " Rachel sighed, "Anyways I kind of wanted to say something to you today."

"What is it? " Mike asked in a gentle voice.

"I'm proud of you."

"Oh."

"Mike, look at me. " Rachel said. "I watched you break apart when our baby died. I watched you howl and grieve and go dark. I watched all your addictions come back full force. " Mike looked away. Rachel didn't. "And then, I watched you become a dad again. " She continued."We witnessed you massive recovery and healing. And now we get to be loved everyday by the person you've become. "
Rachel smiled a warm smile at Mile as she could see the tears threatening to fall in her husband's eyes. "So, Michael James Ross, I Rachel Elizabeth Zane, am so incredibly proud of you. I am so proud of the man you have become. "

Mike kissed Rachel on the cheek and hugged her. He really needed to hear that.

---------

Mike reached Harvey's apartment ten minutes before time and was surprised to see the older lawyer ready for him. They had decided to spend the day around the city and then end the night at Harvey's place.

They toured all over Seattle getting little Rowan all sorts of things, getting Rachel and Donna some surprise presents for the party on Saturday, and Harvey made sure to get things for Mike too. Of course he wouldn't show it to him. Not until tonight.

After spending the day shopping, quoting movies and being friends, Mike and Harvey settled in Harvey's couch and poured a drink.

Mike took a sip and smiled at Harvey. "Thanks Harvey, for today. It was awesome. "

"You're welcome, Rookie. "

"Okay, I am so not a Rookie anymore."

"Yeah right."

"You know I'm actually a father now. That means I'm wiser than you. "

"Doesn't Rowan shit on you atleast twice a day? "

"And that affects my wisdom how? "

Harvey chuckled, "Okay, Rookie, you win."

Mike smiled and raised his glass, "To another year of shitty wisdom. "

"To another year of shitty wisdom" Harvey replied.

He loved seeing the kid as he was today. Mike seriously went through a lot these past couple of years, and Harvey was proud of him.

Maybe it was time he let the kid know that.

"Mike, " Harvey said as he sat down next to him, "I want to tell you something. I was gonna save it as the toast on Saturday, but I can't have a room full of people accuse me of caring. "

"Right, of course." Mike smirked.

"The day you wrote For Finn on the hospital window, a month after your wedding day; you lost your son that night. The sound that escaped your mouth when he was handed to you, dead, is forever seared into my bones." Harvey said. He could immediately see the kid frowning so he knew he had to do this quick.

"Who you became in the face of that loss was the darkest versions of you, and you and Rachel walked into that cave of grief together but broken.

I watched you shatter that day. And your healing path since then has been long. Brutal. Different than Rachel's, and sometimes darker, because you put her healing first. But I've known for a while that it was your time, and you've stepped into it.

You became a dad to Rowan and that first night in the hospital kicked your ass, but you held your son again. I heard your whispering to him in the dark, just hours of him, how much you loved him and how you would become the best man for him because that's what he deserves. I've watched you keep that whispered promise, to both of your sons. You had the courage to heal, for Finn. You have the strength and love in your heart to become who you're meant to be, for Rowan. For your family.

Now watching Rowan fling himself into you and the laughter that fills your home when he's in your arms exists next to the grief.

Joy, hard won, after all the pain. I am proud of you, Mike. That is what is etched into my bones now, that we get to be loved by you." Harvey said. He cleared his throat and the blinked away the tears forming and said, "So Happy Birthday Mike. People like you don't come around often. "

Mike couldn't control his emotions at that point. He really needed this. He loved Harvey for saying it. It was hard, really really hard for him to come back from the pit he fell into after Finn, and to be honest, he still wasn't totally out of it. So, seeing Harvey and Rachel have so much Undeterred faith in him, gave him all the courage he could ask for.

He brought Harvey in for a hug.

Boy was he glad that he ran away from the cops thag day and stumbled into Harvey's job interview.