Escalator pains.

"No, wait, Harvey - !" Mike sighed in frustration as the car sped away, leaving him gasping for his breath on the sidewalk outside Pearson Hardman. He knew Harvey had seen him - it was hard to miss a scrawny kid biking down this street, dodging in and out of crowds of smartly-dressed people. Mike saw him look at his watch and back up before he got in the car, just as he skidded to a halt outside the law firm.

He checked his watch. Sure, he was 10 minutes late, but he had been later than that and Harvey had never left without him before. Well... there was that one time at the car club - but Mike was certain that was because Harvey didn't want anyone else in the car he had hired. Maybe.

He clambered back onto his bike, not pausing to draw breath as he pushed off, once again looping around confused business people. His lungs seemed to be on fire but he pushed himself, and found that he could just keep an eye on Harvey's car if he kept up the speed. He darted through a few intersections in a way that had his Gram seen; would probably have given her a heart attack but was a competent cyclist; he knew the roads well.

Sure enough, he arrived at their destination unscathed, skidding to a halt just as he saw Harvey enter the large building through some revolving doors. He grinned sheepishly at Ray who was about to get back into the car, and abandoned his bike, quickly throwing the lock around it and attaching it to a bollard outside.

"Wait, Harvey!" Mike was breathing hard, drenched in sweat as he attempted to keep up with the older man, who was looking at him scathingly whilst he was about to ascend an escalator.

"Glad you could make it," Harvey drawled, giving him a piercing glare.

"I was just behind you!" Mike gasped, clutching at a stitch in his side.

"You realise that if we miss this meeting we can kiss this client goodbye?" Harvey informed him, letting an elderly couple step ahead of him to get onto the steps first.

"I'm sorry, alright?" Mike snapped, still breathing heavily. "Can we go?"

"Punctuality is everything, Mike," Harvey told him as they stepped onto the escalator.

"I thought that was appearance," Mike huffed, throwing himself onto the step to sit in order to get his breath back.

"They're two sides of the same coin - will you get up?" Harvey hissed. "You're getting a perfectly good - well; a halfway decent suit crumpled!"

"So?" Mike muttered, hunching forward slightly.

"So you do realise you're sat on the floor?" Harvey bit back. Mike just glowered at him. "What are you, five?" Harvey said, throwing his hands into the air in frustration. "Get up - now. You're creasing your suit. And haven't you ever heard those cautionary tales about escalators eating kids? For all we know, it has a taste for puppies as well and I don't want to break in a new associate."

Mike glowered at him, annoyed at the dig to his apparent 'puppy' status. However, he gave a sigh and attempted to stand as they approached the top.

Wait.

Attempted?

Mike looked down in horror as he found that the hem of his suit trousers was caught in the step. He couldn't pull his foot away. He managed to get onto one knee, but his other foot was well and truly stuck, staying in the awkward position he had been sat in. "Harvey, I'm stuck!" He hissed desperately.

Harvey turned and gave him a look of disdain. "I don't need you messing around, Mike - stand up and let's go."

"No, seriously, Harvey," Mike's eyes were wide and frightened. "I can't get my foot off!" They approached the top of the escalator and Harvey stepped off smartly, only turning when he heard a gasp of pain.