Sometimes it's better to tell.

A/N:- okay,i give up. It's another oneshot book.

Trigger Warning: Mentions of Sexual Assault

-----------

Mike stared out the window of the town car, watching the city scenery disappear, turning into trees as he and Harvey headed upstate to meet with their new client. He could feel Harvey glancing at him from time to time, but the older man never said a word. Mike wondered if he could tell if something was wrong. Well, everything was wrong; his Grammy had died last week, and no one but Rachel knew about it. And he wanted to keep it that way for now. If he told Donna, she would tell Harvey and force the man to let him have time off. If he told Harvey, and if the man cared that is, he would treat him differently and still force him to take time off. That was something he didn't need. He didn't need space; if he was alone, all he would do was obsess about every interaction, or lack of them, that he had with his Grammy leading up to her death. He had been a terrible grandson. She did everything for him, and he couldn't even take ten minutes off of work to go see her. You never visit anymore, Michael. He swallowed the choked sob that almost made its way out of his mouth. He couldn't cry, especially not in front of Harvey. Mike cleared his throat before letting out a deep sigh.

"Hey," Harvey spoke. Mike blinked and turned to his boss. The man was focusing on the road but briefly twisted his head to look over. "You good?"

Shit, had he outed himself? "Yeah, I'm fine."

"You sure? I need your head in this, so if there's something that's keeping you from bringing your A-game-"

"I'm fine," Mike snapped.

Harvey raised his brow in surprise but if he had a retort he kept it to himself. "Did you do the research on this guy?" The man asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah," Mike replied, flipping through the papers in the folder. "Seems like a scumbag though. Why are we representing him again?"

"Because he's a friend of Jessica and he asked her for help. Plus, he's donating a lot of money to the firm."

Mike rolled his eyes but kept his mouth shut. Must be nice to buy your way through things. He continued to read to Harvey information about their client, Clark Richards. It seemed weird though, there wasn't much about the man on paper. Stuff on him only went back ten years, but there was nothing about where he was before college. Something wasn't right yet he couldn't put his finger on it.

"We'll be there in five so get everything organized."

Mike nodded silently and kept to himself the rest of the ride until they pulled up to the large mansion. This guy was loaded, no wonder Jessica wanted him as a client and Harvey didn't question her. After the gate opened to let them in, Harvey drove up to the door and the two got out.

"You've been uncharacteristically quiet lately," Harvey quipped as they walked up the stairs.

"I thought my babbling annoyed you."

Harvey rang the doorbell and shrugged. "It does."

"Then why do you c-"

"I don't. Just stating facts."

Mike snorted and shook his head just before the door opened and the maid opened the door to let them in.

"Mr. Richards is in the study, down the hall to your right."

Harvey bobbed his head, and they made their way down. Mike wasn't really paying attention, zoning out, thinking about his grandmother, and wishing he could talk to her one more time.

"Clark, it's good to meet you," he heard Harvey say.

"Likewise, Mr. Specter. And Mike Ross, is it?"

Mike swallowed and raised his head. The second he saw their client, his heart dropped, and he could hear the blood rushing through his ears. This couldn't be happening; of all the people in New York, in the country, in the world, it just had to be the one person they were representing. He could feel the color drain from his face and his fingers go cold; there was no way out of this. He had to pull himself together and deal with his panic later.